EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, friends.
Can you believe it? We are a little over a month away from the start of Blue Jackets training camp, which at this point, seems almost impossible. The summer has gone by fast and as we sit in the so-called "dog days of summer," the volume of hockey conversation is on the verge of picking up again. Blue Jackets Hockey School is in full swing up at the Chiller North in Lewis Center, and not long from now, the players will start arriving back in Columbus in larger numbers.
It's almost that time. /goosebumps
We're here - as we are each Friday morning - to recap the latest and greatest content from the Blue Jackets online community. The blogs, fan sites, Twittersphere, and more - it's full coverage from Blue Jackets fans all under one roof.
Two things, before we get started:
1. CannonFest is coming up and you do not want to miss out on this year's event. Year number four of the Blue Jackets community's grassroots fan festival takes place Aug. 18 at the Buffalo Wild Wings location on Bethel Rd. in Columbus. We hear there will be several awesome videos to watch, as well.
2. We posted an in-depth story on Ryan Murray's love of the guitar, his taste in music, and using that guitar as a creative outlet during good times and bad. You can check out the full-length story - which includes a behind-the-scenes photo gallery and a video of him playing a few chords - right here
.And now, this week's links!
- As the holder of a journalism degree (go Bobcats!), I can attest that numbers are not that much fun. However, the guys at SB Nation's Cannon blog have done a great job breaking down some stats that pertain to the Blue Jackets
- This is really cool: in order to help pass the time until the season and connect with other fans, Ken from The Union Blue (aka DerDrache) has assembled a list of "CBJ Twitter Gamers."
You can meet other fans, play some video games and debate the number of goals Marian Gaborik will score this year.
- Rick Gethin from FOXSportsOhio.com recently sat down with Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards for a one-on-one conversation covering an array of topics. Just posted this week: the second installment of the interview which you can find right here
- The guys at the Union & Blue blog have a new poll this week, asking Blue Jackets fans to chime in on who scores the most points on the team this season. Vote here
, and after you do that, have a look at this piece
detailing what they would do as "coach for a day."