Date Opponent/Arena - Time (ET) Television/Radio Information
Wed., Oct. 10 PHOENIX COYOTES/Nationwide Arena - 7 p.m. FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM 1460 the Fan, CD101.1 FM
Sat., Oct. 13 at Colorado Avalanche/Pepsi Center - 9 p.m. FSN Ohio/1460 the Fan, CD101.1 FM
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
Team Record/Standing Players to Watch
Phoenix Coyotes 1-1-0, 2 pts./3rd-T Pacific Division RW Shane Doan, D Keith Ballard
Colorado Avalanche 1-1-0, 2 pts./3rd-T Northwest Division C Joe Sakic, C Paul Stastny
THIS WEEK’S PRACTICE SCHEDULE - CLICK HERE
Oct. 5 – Activated D Adam Foote and LW Fredrik Modin off Injured Reserve… Oct. 3 – Assigned C Kris Beech and D Marc Methot to Syracuse Crunch (AHL).
OhioHealth INJURY REPORT:
C Michael Peca (groin strain, Oct. 2 – Injured Reserve retroactive to Sept. 17) is day-to-day… RW Derek Dorsett (stress fracture leg; Sept. 25 – Injured Reserve) is expected to miss four to six weeks…. Man Games Lost to Injury: 4.
* The Blue Jackets’ 4-0 win over Anaheim on Oct. 5 was the first opening night shutout in franchise history and improved the club’s record to 2-3-2 in season openers and 3-2-2 in home openers.
* The four goals scored vs. the Ducks were the highest by a Blue Jackets team in an opening game.
* Despite a 3-2 loss in the club’s road opener at Minnesota on Oct. 6, Columbus has posted a 13-15-3 record in their last 31 road games compared to 14-34-4 in the 52 road games prior dating back to the start of the 2005-06 season.
* Columbus is 4-2-1 in its last seven games vs. the Phoenix Coyotes heading into Wednesday’s game at Nationwide Arena.
* The Blue Jackets have gone 1-2-1 in their last four games vs. the Avalanche at the Pepsi Center after losing in regulation in each of their first eight games there.
* Four players made their Blue Jackets’ debuts vs. Anaheim on Oct. 5 – D Kris Russell, D Jan Hejda, C Jiri Novotny and LW Jared Boll. For Russell and Boll, the game marked their NHL debuts. Russell picked up an assist on Rick Nash’s third period goal to record his first NHL point, while Boll racked up 15 penalty minutes in his debut.
* LW Rick Nash tallied a career-high 2-2-4 vs. Anaheim on Oct. 5 and fired off a team-high 11 shots in the first two games of the season. Dating back to last season, he has collected 15-14-29 and is +3 in his last 30 games.
* G Pascal Leclaire made 28 saves to record his second career shutout, and first by a Blue Jackets goaltender on opening night, on Oct. 5 vs. Anaheim.
*LW Jason Chimera has played in 164-straight games since Oct. 9, 2005, which is the second-longest streak in club history (194, David Vyborny from Oct. 17, 2002-Dec. 20, 2005).
* D Ron Hainsey collected 2-1-3 in the first two games of the season, scoring goals in back-to-back games for the first time in his career. He also tallied 0-1-1 in the 2006-07 season finale vs. Anaheim on Apr. 7 to give him points in his last three games (2-2-4).
* RW Nikolai Zherdev has had a hand in the last three goals scored by the Blue Jackets as he picked up an assist on the club’s fourth goal vs. Anaheim on Oct. 5 and set up both goals at Minnesota on Oct. 6.
* D Adam Foote scored his third shorthanded goal since joining the Blue Jackets in 2005-06 at Minnesota on Oct. 6. His three shorthanded goals are the most by a defenseman and tied for second overall in club history (7 – David Vyborny).
^LW Jason Chimera is six games shy of 300 in his NHL career (51-52-103, 294 games).
^C Sergei Fedorov is five assists shy of 650 in his NHL career (461-645-1,106, 1,130 games)
^C Manny Malhotra is two games shy of 200 as a Blue Jacket and 12 shy of his 500th NHL game (54-79-133, 488 games).
^LW Fredrik Modin tallied his 200th career assist vs. Anaheim on Oct. 5 and is seven games shy of 750 in his NHL career (205-200-405, 743 games).
Oct. 10 vs. Phoenix– Jackets Night Out/Magnetic Schedule Giveway: All fans in attendance receive a 2007-08 Blue Jackets magnetic schedule courtesy of Donatos Pizza. In addition, the game is a Jackets Night Out as fans ages 21-over can receive two tickets, two beers and two Donatos pizzas for $55. Log on to www.BlueJackets.com for information.
BLUE JACKETS ON THE RADIO
The Coach’s Show with Ken Hitchcock airs on WBNS Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Wednesdays from 3 to 4 p.m. with the Blue Jackets Head Coach and Blue Jackets play-by-play announcer on FSN Ohio Jeff Rimer.
Breakfast with the Blue Jackets Presented by Rise & Dine can be heard on the Blue Jackets Radio Network and AM flagship station Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Sundays from 10 to 11 a.m. with hosts Mark Wyant and members of the Blue Jackets broadcast team. This week’s show will be broadcast live from the Rise & Dine in the Arena District located at 277 W. Nationwide Blvd.
Individual game and group tickets for Blue Jackets games at Nationwide Arena are on sale now at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, FSN Ohio Blue Line Team Stores at the Chiller Easton, Chiller Dublin, Chiller North and the Mall at Tuttle Crossing, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (614) 431-3600 or via the internet at www.BlueJackets.com and www.Ticketmaster.com.
Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Nationwide Arena Box Office two hours prior to every home game.
*For information on season tickets or group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.