Thu., Nov. 18: IceHogs 1 at Manitoba Moose 0:
- Hannu Toivonen turns in his first shutout of the season, making 29 saves.
- Brandon Pirri
notches the game’s only goal at 5:39 of the first period.
- The shutout is the second on the season for the IceHogs.
Fri., Nov. 19: IceHogs 1 at Manitoba Moose 3:
- Despite 38 saves from Hannu Toivonen, Rockford fell 3-1 in Manitoba.
- Jeremy Morin scored Rockford’s lone goal, his team-best fourth on the power play.
- Rockford finished their season series with Manitoba with a record of 1-3-0-0.
Sun., Nov. 21: IceHogs 2 at San Antonio Rampage 3 SO:
- The IceHogs dropped a back-and-forth game in Peoria and saw their record fall to 0-2-0-1 at Carver Arena.
- Jeremy Morin scored his team-leading 6th goal of the season, while Brian Connelly chipped in his first.
- Nick Leddy had his third multi-point game of the season with two assists.
- Rockford finished their five-game road swing with a record of 1-3-0-1
- Goalie Hannu Toivonen has a save percentage of .925 and a goals against average of 2.08 over his past six games
- Goalie Alec Richards has a .910 save percentage and a 2.99 goals against average over his last six games
- Combined, Rockford’s goalies have a save percentage of .917 and a goals against average of 2.48 over that 12 game span
- Over Rockford’s last 12 games the team has scored 24 goals
- The IceHogs are 4-6-0-2 in their past 12 games
- Rockford had a team season-high 20 shots on goal in the second period on Sunday in Peoria
- The single-period shot total was the highest since 11/20/09 when Rockford had 23 shots in the second period at Chicago
- Rookie winger Jeremy Morin has a three-game point streak (2g-1a)
- Defenseman Brian Connelly notched his first goal of the season on Sunday in Peoria and leads Rockford with 12 assists and 13 points
- Rookie defenseman Nick Leddy accumulated his first career multi-assist game (2a) on Sunday and now has 2g-6a in 13 games
- With their 1-0 win on Thursday in Manitoba, Rockford played in two 1-0 contests in three games
- Coming into the season, Rockford had played three 1-0 games in three AHL seasons
Hannu Toivonen Goaltender
Rockford netminder Hannu Toivonen turned away 67 of 69 shots faced during Week 7 of the 2010-11 AHL regular season and carried a record of 1-1-0-0. On Thursday night in Manitoba, Toivonen blocked all 29 Manitoba shots to lead Rockford to a 1-0 shutout. The next night at the MTS Centre, Toivonen turned in a season-best 38 saves in Rockford’s 3-1 loss to the Moose and completed Week 7 with a .971 save percentage and a 1.02 goals against average.
A Look Ahead To Week 7:
Wednesday, Nov. 24 vs. Lake Erie, 6:35 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 26 at Grand Rapids, 6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 27 vs. Peoria Rivermen, 7:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com
Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com
For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com