Wed., Mar. 23: San Antonio 1 vs. IceHogs 5:
- Rookie defenseman Ryan Stanton
recorded his first career two-goal game.
- Brandon Pirri
added two assists and set a team season-high with a plus/minus rating of +4.
- Hannu Toivonen turned away 39 San Antonio shots in the win.
Fri., Mar. 25: Hamilton 3 vs. IceHogs 4 (OT):
- Jeff Taffe scored the game-winning goal 1:46 into overtime to help lift Rockford over Hamilton.
- The win was Rockford’s second straight over Hamilton after dropping their first four against the Bulldogs.
- Igor Makarov, Rob Klinkhammer and Evan Brophey also tallied in the win.
Sat., Mar. 26: Milwaukee 2 vs. IceHogs 3 (OT):
- Hannu Toivonen matched a season-high with 44 saves in Rockford’s second straight overtime win.
- Brian Connelly scored the OT winner 3:02 into the extra session.
- Brandon Pirri tallied Rockford’s two regulation goals.
Sun., Mar. 27: IceHogs 3 at Chicago 2:
- Alec Richards made 21 saves to help the IceHogs close out a 4-0-0-0 Week 25 in Chicago.
- Mathis Olimb, Ben Smith and Rob Klinkhammer all notched goals for Rockford.
- Peter LeBlanc chipped in two assists.
- Rockford won all four games in Week 25, its longest winning streak in 2010-11.
- Since a 2-12-2-0 stretch from 1/21/11-2/23/11, the IceHogs are 11-4-1-1 in their last 17 contests since 2/25/11.
- The IceHogs are back to .500 (32-32-4-5) for the first time since 1/25/11 (19-19-1-4), a span of 30 games.
- Rockford set a franchise attendance record on Saturday as they have drawn 163,927 fans this season with two home games remaining.
- The old mark was 159,132 set during the 2009-10.
- Winger Evan Brophey set an IceHogs franchise mark by appearing in his 299th career game on Sunday, topping Dan Davies’ record of 298 set during the team’s UHL era.
- After dropping their first-four all-time games against Hamilton, Rockford took both games against the Bulldogs in 2010-11.
- Rockford tallied three total goals in their first five-contests against Hamilton before scoring four in their 4-3 overtime win over the Bulldogs on Friday.
- The IceHogs began a six-game, 12-day road swing on Sunday in Chicago and will embark on a nine-day road trip beginning Tuesday.
- Rockford’s road win in Chicago marked the fifth time in nine games this season that the road team won a game in the IceHogs-Wolves season series.
- Entering this season, the road team had won just six of the 30 all-time regular season match-ups.
- Winger Rob Klinkhammer shows points in six straight games, totaling 2g-4a-6pts.
- Klinkhammer is also a +5 in that stretch and now leads Rockford with a plus/minus rating of +11.
- Jeff Taffe has recorded points in four straight games, accumulating 2g-3a-5pts with a plus/minus rating of +7.
- Defenseman Jassen Cullimore had a four-game point streak snapped on Sunday after accumulating 2g-5a-7pts with a +6 during his hot stretch.
- In his 31 games prior to his point streak, Cullimore had two assists and was a -6.
Goalie Hannu Toivonen went perfect in Week 25, compiling a 3-0-0-0 record while helping Rockford knock off three teams with playoff aspirations. Toivonen posted a 1.95 goals against average and .949 save percentage. The Finnish puck stopper began the week with a 39 save performance against San Antonio in Rockford’s 5-1 win on Wednesday. On Friday, Toivonen made 28 saves to help the IceHogs over Hamilton in overtime. He then followed that up with his most impressive performance of the week, a 44-save effort in a 3-2 overtime win over the Western Conference leading Milwaukee Admirals.
A Look Ahead To Week 24:
Wednesday, Mar. 30 at Lake Erie, 6 p.m.
Friday, April 1 at Oklahoma City, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, April 3 at Texas, 5 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com
Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com
For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com