Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. Brent Seabrook is one of four defensemen to have scored an overtime goal in a Stanley Cup Playoff Game 7.
Darius Kasparaitis (PIT, 2001), Brad Park (BOS, 1983), and Leo Reise (DET, 1950) are the only defenders to lift their respective teams in an extra frame of Game 7.
2. After scoring his seventh goal of the postseason, Patrick Sharp shares the NHL lead in goals.
Sharp is tied for the team lead with 11 points (7G, 4A) in 12 games.
3. With assists in Game 7, Marian Hossa and Michal Handzus extended their point streaks to three games each.
Hossa’s assist on Sharp’s goal ties him for the team lead with 11 points (5G, 6A) in 12 playoff games. Handzus’ fifth helper of the postseason came in the second period; he ranks fourth on the team in playoff assists.
4. Corey Crawford ranks second in the league with a goals-against average of 1.70.
His .938 save percentage ranks third in the NHL, and he remains the only goaltender in the conference finals that has yet to allow a shorthanded goal. Crawford’s .985 save percentage while the team is on the penalty kill is best among the remaining four goaltenders.
5. The Blackhawks have won nine consecutive series when having home-ice advantage.
Their last loss with home advantage came in 1993, when they were defeated by the St. Louis Blues.