The network’s next three games following the season opener includes three-straight match-ups against “Original Six” opponents Detroit (Fri, Oct. 12 at 6:30 PM)
, Toronto (Sat, Oct. 20 at 6:00 PM)
and Boston (Thu, Oct. 25 at 6:00 PM).
In addition to 39 regular season games, Comcast SportsNet will also televise three pre-season games with the first airing on Tuesday morning, September 25 at 11:00 AM when the Blackhawks travel to face the Florida Panthers. The other pre-season match-ups will air on Sept. 29 at St. Louis (7:30 PM on CSN+) and Sept. 30 at Minnesota (5:00 PM).
The announcing tandem of Dan Kelly on play-by-play and former Blackhawk star/Chicago hockey icon Eddie Olczyk handling color analysis return to Comcast SportsNet for their second season calling game action. Also, for the third-straight year, Jim Blaney and former Blackhawk defenseman Steve Konroyd will be the featured studio talent on Blackhawks Pre-Game Live and Blackhawks Post Game Live.
Blackhawks Pre-Game Live is a half-hour pre-game show featuring a breakdown of the evening’s match-up, interviews with coaches and players and a look at the other games around the NHL. Blackhawks Pre-Game Live will air prior to all Blackhawks games starting at 7:30 PM or later, including weekend games on Oct. 20, Nov. 17, Dec. 15 & 22, Jan. 13, Feb. 2, 23 & 24, Mar. 22 and Apr. 6. (NOTE: For games beginning at 6:00 PM, 6:30 PM or 7:00 PM, Comcast SportsNet will have extensive pre-game coverage in either SportsNite or Chicago Tribune Live).
Following the game, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on Blackhawks Post Game Live. Blackhawks Post Game Live will also feature coverage of head coach Denis Savard’s post-game press conference and interviews with Blackhawks players. Following the majority of evening Blackhawks Post Game Live airings, Comcast SportsNet will air a one-hour version of SportsNite with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
In addition to one pre-season telecast, four regular season Blackhawks games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus (see schedule below). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. Comcast Cable subscribers can watch all CSN+ games on CLTV. Cable and satellite operators who do not carry CLTV will place CSN+ telecasts on a to-be-determined channel (visit www.comcastsportsnet.com for more information).
Viewers can find Comcast SportsNet on Comcast Cable and RCN channel 37, DIRECTV channel 640 and DISH Network channel 429. Comcast SportsNet is available in HD on Comcast Cable channel 200, RCN channel 540, Wide Open West (WOW) channel 220 and DIRECTV channel 640-HD. Viewers can visit www.comcastsportsnet.com for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet in their area.
Comcast SportsNet also features unique locally produced programming including SportsNite presented by AT&T Real Yellow Pages at 6:30 pm, Land Rover SportsNite at 10:00 pm and Midnight, McDonald’s SportsRise (Monday-Friday, 5:00-10:00 am & Saturday-Sunday, 7:00-9:00 am) and SportsDay (Monday-Friday, 12:00-1:00 pm), daily sports newscasts designed to inform and entertain the local sports fan with the latest news affecting their teams and the world of sports, plus, Chicago Tribune Live presented by Chicago and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers (Monday-Friday, 5:30-6:30 pm), a weeknight talk show discussing the day’s most pressing sports stories.
Comcast SportsNet operates 11 sports networks that cover more than 2,400 live sporting events annually and deliver comprehensive sports news and analysis to 38 million cable and satellite homes. Comcast SportsNet’s networks are: Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet West, Comcast SportsNet Northwest (launching Oct. 2007), SportsNet New York, FSN Bay Area, FSN New England, The Mtn. – MountainWest Sports Network, CSS, and Comcast Local Detroit.
These networks provide live game coverage 17 professional teams: the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers, San Jose Sharks and Washington Capitals; the NBA’s Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Philadelphia 76ers, Portland Trailblazers, Sacramento Kings and Washington Wizards; and MLB’s Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, New York Mets, Oakland A’s, Philadelphia Phillies and San Francisco Giants; as well as college, minor league and other sports. For more information see ComcastSportsNet.com.
COMCAST SPORTSNET CHICAGO
2007-08 Chicago Blackhawks Schedule
1. Tue, Sept 25th @ Florida11:00am
2. Sat, Sept 29th @ St. Louis 7:30pm CSN+
3. Sun, Sept 30th @ Minnesota5:00pm
1. Thu, Oct 4th @ Minnesota7:30pm
2. Fri, Oct 12th @ Detroit6:30pm
3. Sat, Oct 20th @ Toronto6:00pm
4. Thu, Oct 25th @ Boston6:00pm
5. Wed, Oct 31st @ Dallas 7:30pm CSN+
6. Sat, Nov 3rd @ St. Louis7:30pm
7. Wed, Nov 14th @ Columbus6:00pm
8. Thu, Nov 15th @ Nashville7:00pm
9. Sat, Nov 17th @ Detroit6:00pm
10. Thu, Nov 22nd @ Calgary8:00pm
11. Sat, Nov 24th @ Edmonton9:00pm
12. Sun, Nov 25th @ Vancouver9:00pm
13. Sat, Dec 1st @ St. Louis7:30pm
14. Sat, Dec 15th @ Buffalo6:00pm
15. Sat, Dec 22nd @ Ottawa6:00pm
16. Tue, Jan 1st @ Los Angeles9:30pm
17. Thu, Jan 3rd @ Phoenix8:00pm
18. Fri, Jan 4th @ Anaheim9:00pm
19. Tue, Jan 8th @ Montreal 6:30pm CSN+
20. Sun, Jan 13th @ Nashville7:00pm
21. Fri, Jan 18th @ Colorado 8:00pm CSN+
22. Sat, Jan 19th @ Phoenix8:00pm
23. Tue, Jan 22nd @ San Jose9:30pm
24. Sat, Feb 2nd @ San Jose3:00pm
25. Wed, Feb 6th @ Edmonton8:00pm
26. Thu, Feb 7th @ Calgary8:00pm
27. Sun, Feb 10th @ Vancouver9:00pm
28. Wed, Feb 13th @ Columbus6:00pm
29. Thu, Feb 14th @ Nashville7:00pm
30. Sat, Feb 23rd @ Los Angeles3:00pm
31. Sun, Feb 24th @ Anaheim 7:00pm CSN+
32. Thu, Feb 28th @ Dallas7:30pm
33. Tue, March 4th @ Minnesota7:00pm
34. Tue, March 11th @ Detroit6:30pm
35. Fri, March 14th @ Columbus6:00pm
36. Sat, March 22nd @ Nashville2:00pm
37. Wed, March 26th @ Columbus6:00pm
38. Sat, March 29th @ St. Louis7:30pm
39. Sun, April 6th @ Detroit2:00pm
3 Pre Season, 39 Regular Season
Total: 42 games
All Times Central Time
Schedule Subject to Change