1st Star: C Brandon Pirri, Rockford (AHL)
The Line: 3GP, 1G, 2A
Rockford faced a tough three-in-three schedule last weekend and emerged with a 2-1-0 record after beating the Oklahoma City Barons in two straight tilts. Pirri opened the scoring in Friday’s 4-3 win over the Barons with his first AHL tally of the season, then collected a pair of assists the next night in a 5-4 shootout win; Pirri was one of three IceHogs to score in the shootout.
|(Photo by Jean Lapointe) |
2nd Star: D Dillon Fournier, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)
The Line: 4GP, 1G, 3A
Fournier tied his season high with a three-point night (1G, 2A) on Thursday in a 7-4 loss to Blainville-Boisbriand. Facing a three-goal deficit in the first period, Fournier assisted on the Huskies’ opening goal, tallied his 10th of the season to cut the deficit to one, then recorded another helper on the game-tying tally. He added another helper two nights later in the return game, a 2-1 shootout win over the league leaders.
|(Terry WIlson/OHL Images) |
3rd Star: RW Ryan Hartman, Plymouth (OHL)
The Line: 3GP, 3G
Hartman netted three goals in three games for the Whalers last week. The 2013 first-round pick opened the scoring for Plymouth in a 3-2 loss at Sarnia on Friday, then scored both of his team’s goals the next night in a 3-2 shootout loss to Peterborough, marking his third multi-tally game of the season. Since returning from injury, Hartman has five points (3G, 2A) in five games.
Honorable mentions: RW Mark McNeill, Rockford (AHL); D Adam Clendening, Rockford (AHL)
McNeill played a role in both of Rockford’s wins over Oklahoma City over the weekend, notching an assist in the 4-3 win on Friday, then recording a goal and an assist in Saturday’s 5-4 shootout victory.
Clendening collected helpers in each of Rockford’s outings last week and continues to lead the team with 22 points (4G, 18A) in 29 games this season. His 18 assists rank second among league defensemen.
Around the system:
- Defenseman Michael Paliotta registered his second multi-point game of the season (1G, 1A) in a 5-1 win over St. Lawrence, including the game-opening goal, and now paces Catamounts defensemen with 8 points (2G, 6A) in 14 games this season... Luke Johnson notched points in both of North Dakota’s games against Northern Michigan over the weekend. He tallied the eventual game-winner in Friday’s 4-1 win, then assisted on the game-winner the next night in a 3-1 victory... Tyler Motte collected his third assist of the year in a 2-2 tie against Ferris State last Wednesday.
- Terry Broadhurst rose to second place in team scoring with two points (1G, 1A) in three games last weekend. He has compiled an AHL career-best 19 points (7G, 12A) in 27 games... Brad Winchester scored twice for Rockford in Friday’s 4-3 win over the Barons, including the game-winner midway through the third period. He also notched an assist against Oklahoma City the next night.
- Defenseman Klas Dahlbeck contributed an assist in Friday’s victory, then tallied Rockford’s only goal in a 3-1 loss to Iowa on Sunday... Fellow Swede Viktor Svedberg played just one game for the IceHogs last weekend, but collected a pair of helpers in the 4-3 result, including the only assist on Winchester’s game-winning tally.
- Mac Carruth collected his first two AHL wins, emerging victorious in both of his starts for Rockford last week. He combined for 47 saves on 54 shots in his two outings and now has a 4.08 goals-against average and .852 save percentage in four appearances with the IceHogs this season.
- David Gilbert missed nearly a month of action, but returned to the Toledo Walleye lineup in a big way, scoring a pair of goals to go along with a pair of assists in three games last week. He recorded a season-high three points (1G, 2A), including the game-winner, in Toledo’s 5-2 win over Evansville on Saturday.