The ninth annual Chicago Blackhawks Convention will take place at the Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Ave.) from Friday, July 15, to Sunday, July 17, with over 10,000 fans expected to attend.
The sold-out event, which is the first of its kind in the National Hockey League, will feature players, coaches and Blackhawks Alumni, along with team broadcasters and executives. The weekend includes 13 Q&A panels with players and front office staff, autograph and photo opportunities, an area dedicated to interactive games (Salon A) and over 40 vendors (Salon D). WGN Radio AM-720 will broadcast live from Salon A on Friday and the Continental Ballroom on Saturday, featuring Blackhawks guests throughout the weekend.
The 2016 Blackhawks Convention officially launches for media attending with a social that includes all attendees on Friday in the Waldorf Room from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Master of Ceremonies and Blackhawks TV Color Analyst Eddie Olczyk will host the Opening Ceremonies in the International Ballroom beginning at 5:00 p.m. The Opening Ceremonies will also be carried live on Comcast SportsNet Chicago and WGN Radio, and streamed live on CSNChicago.com. Seven panels located in the International Ballroom will be streamed live on chicagoblackhawks.com and mobile devices via the Official Blackhawks App throughout the weekend. For more information, please visit chicagoblackhawks.com.Other highlights of the weekend include (subject to change):
- Patrick Kane and Eddie Olczyk discuss their record-breaking point streaks on Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
- Corey Crawford, Duncan Keith and Joel Quenneville share their experiences of making fans’ dreams come true as part of the #WhatsYourGoal campaign on Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- Head Coach Joel Quenneville, Assistant Coaches Mike Kitchen and Kevin Dineen and Goaltending Coach Jimmy Waite relive last season’s highlights and look ahead to chasing another Stanley Cup on Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
- Adam Burish, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Brent Sopel and Daniel Carcillo–who was on the opposite end of the ice–revisit the 2010 Stanley Cup run on Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Kids under the age of 12 can join Marian Hossa, Andrew Desjardins, Trevor van Riemsdyk, Jamal Mayers and Adam Burish to play junior reporter in a kids-only press conference on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- Blackhawks Game Show, presented by The Second City on Saturday evening in the International Ballroom, where fans will compete in a variety of challenges with current and former Blackhawks players
- Meet Blackhawks prospects Kyle Baun, Tanner Kero, Tyler Motte, Mark McNeill and Nick Schmaltz on Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
- The Locker Room Sale in the Grand Ballroom throughout the weekend, featuring live and silent auctions of Blackhawks memorabilia and game-used equipment
- Fans can win VIP experiences, autographed memorabilia and more by sharing their best FaceSwaps with a Blackhawks player, photos, videos and comments on social media using #BHC2016
- Convention attendees are encouraged to activate their convention passes by visiting blackhawksconventionaccess.com. By doing so, fans will be able to participate in all convention activities and will automatically be placed into the Blackhawks Convention Scratch and Win Autograph Lottery. Winners will be notified by email with further information on how to claim their prize.
2016 Blackhawks Convention Hours:
Friday, July 15: Registration begins at 12:00 p.m. in Salon B with all lower halls opening at 3:00 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies will begin at 5:00 p.m. in the International Ballroom
Saturday, July 16: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 17: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For up-to-the-minute information, log on to chicagoblackhawks.com. Fans in attendance are encouraged to visit the information booth, located in the lower level lobby of the Hilton Chicago.