- Made his Preds debut on Thursday night against St. Louis, posting 6:59 of ice time and two hits.
- Had five points (2g-3a) in 23 games with Detroit this season, and six points (4g-2a) in eight games with the Grand Rapids.
- The former 20-goal scorer (2005-06 with the Senators), has amassed 146 points (74g-72a) in 439 NHL games with Ottawa, Carolina and Detroit in nine NHL seasons.
- The two-time All-American at Boston College. Recorded 107 points (47-60-107) in 84 games with Boston College Eagles (2002-05)
- Was Ottawa’s first pick, 29th overall (first round), in the 2003 Entry Draft held at Bridgestone Arena
- His father, Mike, who played for Minnesota and Calgary and coached Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, is the current head coach at University of Wisconsin. His brother Ben played in the Preds system during the 2009-10 season.
- Titles won: 2004 World Junior Championship
Hockey East Second All-Star Team (2004) NCAA East Second All-American Team (2004) Hockey East First All-Star Team (2005) NCAA East First All-American Team (2005)
Missed majority of 2002-03 due to neck injury vs. University of Maine (Hockey East), December 7, 2002. Traded to Carolina by Ottawa with Joe Corvo for Cory Stillman and Mike Commodore, February 11, 2008. Missed majority of 2007-08 due to shoulder injury at Buffalo, November 21, 2007. Traded to Boston by Carolina with Carolina's 4th round choice (Craig Cunningham) in 2010 Entry Draft for Aaron Ward, July 24, 2009. Signed as a free agent by Detroit, August 4, 2009. Missed majority of 2011-12 due to head injury vs. Nashville, November 26, 2012.