In partnership with the NHL, NHLPA and Franklin Sports, the New York Rangers are excited to expand their street and ball hockey programming through a variety of opportunities all-season long. These programs are designed to help introduce new players to the game of hockey while keeping kids active and healthy. By providing families with the necessary equipment and instruction kids will learn to basics and have the resources to enjoy the game for life.
Players ages 6-10 will have the opportunity to learn the basics of the game with the help and support of NYR Alumni and the Hockey Development Team. In partnership with local towns and other grassroots partners, players will participate in a 1-hour introductory lesson without all of the barriers inherent in ice hockey. All participants receive the following:
|Flemington Ice Arena |
|Great Neck Park Ice Rink |
(Great Neck, NY)
|Hommocks Park Ice Rink |
|IceTime Sports Complex |
|Jonas Salk Middle School |
(Old Bridge, NJ)
|Long Beach Recreation |
(Long Beach, NY)
|Pecks Pond Park |
(West Haverstraw, NY)
|Throggs Neck at Bufano Park |
(Throggs Neck, NY)
|Veterans Memorial Park |
The New York Rangers and Good Sports have partnered together to help make hockey more accessible to everyone. Good Sports gives all kids the lifelong benefits of sport and physical activity by providing equipment, apparel, and footwear to those most in need. The newly expanded "New York Rangers Youth Street Hockey Program" includes schools and communities across the Tri-State.
Over the course of the season schools, recreation departments and other after school programs are offered free hockey instruction and tips on the importance of exercising and eating a balanced diet. Approved organizations will also be provided with the equipment necessary to play. We hope to help educate and inspire hundreds of kids throughout the Tri-State and engage them in a healthy, active lifestyle. The hockey clinics will focus on introducing youth to the sport of hockey and teaching them the importance of exercising. Sports instruction will focus on individual skills, team participation, and fundamentals of the game such as passing, shooting and stick handling.
1. A refund will be provided per request if the New York Rangers or its partner facilities must cancel the sessions for any reason. The refund will be based on the number of sessions completed.
2. A refund will be provided per request minus a $25 transaction fee due to participant injury or illness. The participants parent/guardian must provide a doctor's note in order to receive a refund.
3. The Rangers do not provide refund or make up sessions due to missed sessions that don't fall under the above circumstances.
4. Program credits are also an option if your situation falls under provisions 1 & 2.
5. If your child received free hockey equipment for the Rangers Learn to Play program we will not be able to provide a refund if the program is paused or cancelled.
6. If the program is cancelled for any reason, we will not be accepting equipment returns.
7. If your child outgrows equipment during any pause or cancellation, we will be unable to exchange the equipment at any point in time.
If you would like to learn more about the New York Rangers Ball Hockey programs, please fill out the form below and an NYR representative will be in touch with your organization.