ARE THERE DIFFERENT FLYERS GAME NIGHT STAFF POSITIONS I CAN APPLY FOR?
Yes, there are two different positions: Fun Patrol OR 50/50 Seller.
WHAT IS THE FLYERS FUN PATROL?
The Flyers Fun Patrol is an energetic, positive and outgoing rally team who use their personality and performance skills to enhance the Flyers fan experience. They serve as Flyers ambassadors at all Flyers home games, play an active role in all in-game entertainment, and interact with Flyers fans of all ages. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Entertain and engage fans with a high level of enthusiasm
• Assist in the coordination of in-game elements with a focus on fan interactivity during pre-game, stoppages, and intermissions
• Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and entertainment through various concourse games, activities, stations, and promotions
• Act as a positive representative for the organization in and out of the arena during all games and various community events
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A 50/50 SELLER?
We are looking for candidates to be part of our raffle program who are self-motivated, energetic/outgoing and reliable. Sellers must be team players and able to work in a fast paced environment, interacting with thousands of fans each game. Good communication skills and experience in sales is strongly preferred. This is a great part-time job for someone eager to break into the industry and gain experience in sales and working with a non-profit agency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Required to attend 75% of all Flyers home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) at Wells Fargo Center, assisting with Flyers Charities 50/50 Raffle program.
• Game night staff will help sell raffle tickets at either a stationary touch-screen kiosk or will be responsible to roam a designated area of the concourse/arena. Those not at a stationary unit will receive a mobile handheld device and mobile printer.
• Game night staff will be responsible and accountable for all cash sales, as all units must be reconciled correctly throughout the game.
• Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage attendees to purchase. Prior sales experience a plus.
• Must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to arena doors opening (example: some doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. Flyers game, therefore, sellers are asked to arrive promptly by 4:45 p.m. to get ready and go over information pertaining to the game).
• All raffle sellers are expected to wear their uniform when working (jacket, ball cap and black pants), an apron and buttons will be provided every game. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
• Should have knowledge of Flyers Charities and the organizations that are supported.
• Nights and/or weekends are required.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO THE AUDITIONS?
Female candidates should wear dance pants, yoga pants, or leggings, a fitted t-shirt, and athletic footwear. Male candidates should wear athletic shorts or pants, a fitted t-shirt, and athletic footwear.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE AUDITIONS?
• Valid photo identification
WHAT IS THE AUDITION PROCESS?
The process will include a combination of interactive and team activities designed to demonstrate which candidates have energy, enthusiasm, and teamwork skills.
WHEN WILL CANDIDATES BE NOTIFIED THAT THEY WERE SELECTED?
All candidates will be notified by email or phone one week following auditions.
WHAT TYPE OF COMMITTMENT IS REQUIRED?
Your schedule must accommodate a majority of the 2017-18 Flyers home games including weekends and holidays.
WHAT IS THE CALL TIME FOR THESE POSITIONS?
Fun Patrol members must arrive at the Wells Fargo Center 3 hours prior to the start of the game (IE: 4pm for a 7pm game).
50/50 Sellers must arrive at the Wells Fargo Center 2.25 hours prior to the start of the game. (IE: 4:45pm for a 7pm game).
ARE THESE PAID POSITIONS?
CAN MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS WATCH THE AUDITIONS?
No, auditions are closed to the public.
WILL A UNIFORM BE PROVIDED?
The basic uniform is provided at no cost to you but must be returned at the end of the season. If you damage or lose your uniform, you will be responsible for payment.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS?
For questions regarding the Fun Patrol, email Corinne Yamada at Corinne_Yamada@comcastspectacor.com.
For questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle Sellers, email Brianna Amato at Brianna_Amato@comcastspectacor.com.