1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. VOID IN NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This Buick Precision Shot ShootTo-Win Contest (the "Contest") is subject to these official rules ("Official Rules") and all federal, state, and local laws, including s. 849.094, F.S. The Contest is governed by the law of the state of Florida. All times listed herein are reflected as Eastern Standard Time (EST).
2. Contest Sponsors: The Contest is being sponsored by Tampa Bay Arena, L.P. d/b/a Amalie Arena (the "Sponsor"), acting as authorized agent for Lightning Hockey LP d/b/a Tampa Bay Lightning ("Lightning"). The entity providing the Contest Grand Prize (defined below) is: Greater Tampa Area Buick GMC Dealers, Inc. ("Buick").
3. Excluded Entrants; Qualified Entrants: Each Contest entrant must be (i) a legal resident of the United States, (ii) 18 years of age or older at the time of entry into the Contest, and (iii) not an Excluded Entrant, as provided herein. Excluded Entrants: (A) Employees of Sponsor, the Lightning, TBSE Football, LLC, d/b/a the Tampa Bay Storm, Buick and its affiliates and related entities, the National Hockey League ("NHL"), the Arena Football One League ("AFL"), Tampa Sportservice, Inc., the City of Tampa, Hillsborough County, and the Tampa Sports Authority, and the immediate family and household members (spouse, parent, grandparent, child, sibling, and any step relatives) of each of the foregoing, are expressly excluded as Qualified Entrants and are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win any Contest Prize; and (B) the following individuals are also excluded from participation in the Contest and the ShootFest (defined below): (i) any current or former professional hockey player or roller-hockey player; (ii) any current or former semi-professional hockey or rollerhockey player; (iii) any current or former collegiate, Olympic, or Junior League hockey player who played at such level within the last six (6) years; and (iv) any current or former hockey coach who has coached at the collegiate level or higher within the last six (6) years (each, an "Excluded Entrant"). Each individual that satisfies each of the foregoing requirements and is not an Excluded Entrant is hereinafter referred to as a "Qualified Entrant".
4. Contest Term; Entry Into Contest: The Contest begins at approximately 6:30 PM on October 26, 2017 and ends at approximately 7:45 PM on March 30, 2018 (the "Contest Term"). Each of the following dates are associated with a Lightning regular-season home game at Amalie Arena (the "Facility") and will be host to a "Shoot-to-Win" contest (each, a "Contest Day"). The seventeen (17) Contest Days are as follows:
Each Contest Day will have a separate entry period which will commence approximately one (1) hour prior to the start of that Contest Day's puck drop and will end approximately ten (10) minutes into the 1st period of the Lightning hockey game (each, a "Contest Entry Period"). To enter the Contest on a particular Contest Day, the Qualified Entrant must, in accordance with the guidelines and time frames outlined in these Official Rules, timely text "Buick" during the Contest Entry Period to "61873", as prompted by Sponsor (the "Entry Requirements"). Entrants that timely adhere to the Entry Requirements will be automatically entered into the Contest for the thencurrent Contest Day (e.g., an individual that submits a Qualified Submission (defined below) on 12/9/17 will be entered into the Contest on 12/9/17 and will be eligible to win the Contest Prize (defined below) for the 12/9/17 ShootFest (defined below)). Each such Contest entry shall hereinafter be referred to as a "Qualified Submission." Each Qualified Entrant is eligible to participate in one Contest ShootFest (defined below) and is eligible to win one (1) Contest Prize.
5. Selection of Contest Participants; Contest 'ShootFest': One (1) Qualified Submission will be randomly selected by Sponsor each Contest Day (each, a "Selected Participant") to participate in a Contest 'ShootFest' (defined below) during the second period intermission of the then-current Contest Day's hockey game. The Selected Participant will be notified by text message at approximately the fifteen minute (15:00) mark of the 1st period of each Contest Day's hockey game (the "Text Notification"). Following receipt of the Text Notification, the Selected Participant will have fifteen (15) minutes to report to Section 120 of the arena, wherein such Selected Participant will be required to execute an Eligibility Affidavit (defined below) and a Sponsor-provided Release and Waiver (together, the "Required Paperwork"). Once Sponsor is in receipt of the Required Paperwork (and such paperwork is satisfactorily completed), the Selected Participant may return to their seat to watch the game, but will be required to again report to Section 120 at the ten minute (10:00) mark of the 2nd period (mid-way through the period). Assuming that the Selected Participant adheres to these requirements (timely reporting and completion of Required Paperwork), the Selected Participant will be provided with (i) a NHL-regulation hockey stick (the "Stick"), (ii) a helmet, and (iii) shoe 'ice grips' (together, the "Equipment"). Only the issued Stick will be permitted for use during the ShootFest and the Selected Participant must wear the provided Equipment. The Selected Participant will then be invited onto the ice during the 2nd period intermission to participate in the ShootFest. FORMAT OF THE SHOOTFEST: The Selected Participant will be situated on the "red line" (center ice, located eighty-nine feet (89') from the Target Board, defined below). The target board shall feature three (3) targets/'openings' (the "Target Board"), as follows (together, the "Targets"): (i) a target/opening of four inches ( 4'') wide by one and a half inches (1.5") high" (the "Grand Prize Target"); and (ii) two (2) targets/'openings' that are each seven inches ( 7'') wide by one and a half inches (1.5") high (each, a "Secondary Prize Target"). WINNERS: The first Selected Participant to successfully 'score' into the Grand Prize Target will be deemed the "Grand Prize Winner." Each Selected Participant that 'scores' into one of the Secondary Prize Targets will be deemed a "Secondary Prize Winner". For example, in the event that a Selected Participant scores into the Grand Prize Target on the first Contest Day, that Selected Participant will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner and, subject to fulfilling all requirements herein, entitled to the Contest Grand Prize (defined below). In such event, for the remaining Contest Days the Grand Prize Target would then serve as another Secondary Prize Target, and the remaining Selected Participants will have the opportunity to shoot into the Secondary Prize Target for a chance to win a Contest Secondary Prize. The Grand Prize Winner and the Secondary Prize Winner(s), as applicable, are referred to collectively herein as "Contest Winners". Selected Participants will be expressly prohibited from taking a practice shot (doing so shall eliminate the Selected Contestant from the Contest). Any determinations relating to the ShootFest, including, without limitation, the success of the shot, will be made at the reasonable discretion of the Lightning.
6. Contest Prizes: In the event that there is a Grand Prize Winner, such Grand Prize Winner shall be offered the Grand Prize: a two-year lease (twenty-four consecutive months) of a new (as such term is commonly used in the industry) 2017 Buick Enclave from Buick [vehicle identification number (VIN) not available as of the date hereof and will be supplemented when available] (the "Contest Grand Prize"). The total estimated market value for the Contest Grand Prize is approximately $18,000.00. In the event that there is a Secondary Prize Winner, such Secondary Prize Winner shall be entitled to an autographed puck signed by a member of the Lightning (the "Contest Secondary Prize"). The total estimated value of each Contest Secondary Prize is approximately $100.00. The Contest Grand Prize and the Contest Secondary Prize, as applicable, are referred to collectively herein as the "Contest Prizes".
7. Distribution of the Contest Prizes; Taxes: The Grand Prize Winner must claim his/her Contest Grand Prize from the designated Tampa Bay area Buick dealership within ten (10) calendar days of notification by Sponsor and/or Buick that the Contest Grand Prize is ready for pick-up. In the event that a Grand Prize Winner does not timely pick-up the Contest Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will forfeit any and all interest in the Contest Grand Prize. In such a case, neither Sponsor, the Lightning nor Buick will have any further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner will have no further claim against Sponsor, the Lightning or against Buick. The Grand Prize Winner, at his or her own cost and expense, shall be solely responsible for (i) any taxes due in relation to his/her acceptance of the Contest Grand Prize, and (ii) any fees (e.g., title, registration) due in connection with acceptance of the Contest Grand Prize. Buick reserves discretion is selecting the precise vehicle for fulfillment of the Contest Grand Prize, as applicable (e.g., selection of color). Sponsor shall make the Contest Secondary Prize available to the Secondary Prize Winner(s) within three (3) business days of the date that the prize is won/earned.
All Contest decisions shall be at the sole discretion of Sponsor/the Lightning/Buick, as applicable. If no entrant qualifies as a Qualified Entrant for the Contest, then no Contest will be held and no Contest Prizes will be awarded. Sponsor/Buick shall not be responsible for any delays beyond its reasonable control associated with the delivery of the Contest Grand Prize to the Grand Prize Winner. The Contest Prizes are each non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and non-endorsable, as applicable. Neither Sponsor, Buick, nor the Lightning shall be required to honor any requested substitutions from any Contest Winner. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize, of equal or greater value, for any of the Contest Prizes.
Prior to being eligible to claim a Contest Prize, each of the Contest Winners will be required to timely submit an Eligibility Affidavit. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A 'WINNER' OF A CONTEST PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY. The Contest Grand Prize will be delivered subject to any and all applicable rules, regulations, warranties, etc. that are set forth in any applicable vehicle owner manual or in any documentation provided by Buick (or its agent) in connection with the lease and the acceptance of the Contest Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner may waive its right to receive the Contest Grand Prize - any such election must be made in writing and delivered to Sponsor.
8. Videotape of Contest: The Selected Participant acknowledges that the ShootFest (and all activities leading up thereto and following) must, pursuant to insurance carrier mandates, be videotaped. Following a written request from the Selected Participant, Sponsor shall provide the Selected Participant with a copy of such videotape.
9. Promotional Usage of Likeness: Except where prohibited by law, each of the Contest Winners agrees (on its own behalf) that acceptance of a Contest Prize grants to Sponsor, Buick, the Lightning, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Contest Winner ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor/Buick/Lightning, as applicable. Sponsor, Buick, the Lightning, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Contest Prize information and any other attributes of Contest Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Contest Winner List or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission.
10. Release of Liability: Each entrant, Qualified Entrant, and each submitter of a Qualified Submission, on behalf of him/herself and his/her heirs, successors, and assigns, agrees to forever release Sponsor, the Lightning, Buick, each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities, their successors and assigns, and each of the foregoing's respective owners, members, managers, partners, officers, directors, employees, independent contractors and assigns, and all of their successors and assigns (the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages (including death) of any kind caused by any activity affiliated with the Contest, the ShootFest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Contest Prize.
11. Affidavit: Contest Winner will be required to complete and file an affidavit (i) certifying, among other things, that he or she is a Qualified Entrant, and (ii) releasing the Released Parties from liability in connection with the Contest Prize(s) (the "Eligibility Affidavit"). At the time that Sponsor notifies each Contest Winner that they are a Contest Winner, Sponsor will provide such Winner an Eligibility Affidavit that must be completed and signed at the time of receipt. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to execute a lease agreement or a prize acceptance agreement with Buick (or one of their designated agents or partners).
12. Fraud: In the event that Sponsor, Buick, or the Lightning learn of any fraud (or any intended fraud) in connection with the presentation of the Contest or the distribution/collection of any Contest Prize, or in the event that Sponsor/Buick/the Lightning otherwise learn of any other illegal activity in connection with the Contest, Sponsor may modify or cancel the Contest. Any and all such determinations shall be made in the sole reasonable judgment of Sponsor. All Contest decisions shall be final and each entrant, Qualified Entrant, and each submitter of a Qualified Submission will have no right, pursuant to these Official Rules or otherwise, to challenge the Contest or the Contest Prize decisions
13. Winner List: For the names of all Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 10, 2018 to "Buick Precision Shot" c/o the Tampa Bay Lightning, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, Florida 33602.