Canucks JR Golf Week Wraps Up For Another Year
The Vancouver Canucks, in partnership with the PGA of British Columbia, BC Hockey and a number of different golf facilities throughout the province, ran their 5th annual Canucks Junior Golf Week presented by Odlum Brown Limited during July 2-9, 2018.
Here's some facts about Canucks Jr Golf week:
- The 2018 program saw nearly 850 boys and girls participate in single-day golf camps run by PGA of BC Professionals lasting up to two hours. Participation in the program has grown each year since the inaugural edition in 2014, and has now welcomed approximately 3,500 British Columbia youth since its inception.
- Nearly half of all participants came to their Canucks Junior Golf Week session with no prior golf experience. There's no better way to receive an introduction to the sport than learning from a PGA of BC Professional!
- Twenty-seven facilities hosted a total of 41 clinics across the province in 2018. Northview Golf Academy in Surrey once again hosted the largest number of junior golfers, with more than 160 registered participants split into two sessions.
- Registration fees were just $20 per child, which included the cost of instruction, facility fees, rental equipment for those who did not have clubs of their own, and more.
- Each junior golfer took home some great gifts, including multiple items featuring the Canucks logo. This year's participation gifts included a drawstring cinch bag backpack, a mini hockey stick, a sleeve of balls courtesy of contributing sponsor Srixon and a special offer from Panago.
- Fin made surprise visits to University Golf Club and Tsawwassen Springs Golf on July 3. Children at both facilities enjoyed the antics of our favourite whale. Did you know he's a left-finned golfer?
The PGA of British Columbia is an association comprised of more than 650 men and women who work at and operate nearly 200 golf facilities across BC and Yukon. Its Golf Professionals serve in a number of capacities, including golf instruction, golf operations, club management, retail operations, food and beverage operations, equipment fitting and optimization, and more. For more information about the PGA of BC, visit pgabc.org, or learn more about Canucks Junior Golf Week at pgabc.org/golfweek.
Watch for Canucks Junior Golf Week to return in 2019! Registration will open in the spring and spaces in the program are in high demand, so parents are encouraged to register their junior golfers early. Contact PGA of BC Communications & Marketing Manager Eric MacKenzie at email@example.com to be added to our contact list for notification of when the registration period opens for 2019.
To see photos from UBC, click here (password: devmancanucks2018)
To see photos from Tsawwassen, click here (password: devmancanucks2018)