• In 2010-11, he led all London rookies with 11 goals and was second on the team with three shorthanded goals in 57 games (11-11--22).
• Anthanasiou won gold with Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial recording four points (3-1--4). He also won gold with Team Ontario at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge -- he was named to the All Star team and finished with five points (2-3--5) in six games.
• Off the ice, he is a fan of the sport Sepak takraw, or kick volleyball, a popular sport in Malaysia. The sport allows players to use their feet, knee, chest or head to touch the ball in an area similar to a badminton court with a net about five feet tall.
• Nicknamed ‘Double A’, Anthansiou was on skates before he turned two years old and started playing hockey at age four.
• The Anthanasiou family is pretty familiar with hockey -- Alex’s older sister played and his older brother, Dimitre, was drafted by the St. Michael’s Majors of the OHL in 2004.