• Known as a versatile defenseman, Pilon registered 12 points (1-11—12) in 19 playoff games to help Brandon reach the Western Hockey League Championship Series for the seventh time in franchise history before falling to Kelowna.
• During the 2014-15 regular season, Pilon collected 52 points (11-41—52) in 68 games to finish second in scoring among Wheat Kings blueliners behind defense partner Ivan Provorov (No. 7 NA Skater). Pilon and Provorov live in the same billet house during the season.
• Pilon recalls winning gold with Canada at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial as his most memorable hockey moment. He also won a bronze medal at the 2014 Under-18 World Junior Championship and captained Canada West at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
• Pilon grew up in Duck Lake, Sask., where he began skating on backyard rinks and played for the Blackhawks Minor Hockey Association. On living in a town of about 600 people: “There were plenty of backyard rinks and Duck Lake Rink, where I'd play with my family and cousins all the time."
• His uncle, Rich Pilon, played 631 regular season games over 14 NHL seasons with the New York Islanders, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues.
NHL team: Calgary Flames NHL player: Drew Doughty Shootout move: "Forehand, backhand, top shelf" Goal celebration: "Scrape the ice" Video game: NHL 15 Movie: Miracle, American Sniper TV show: Friday Night Lights Actor: Bradley Cooper, Mark Wahlberg Musician: Sam Hunt Sport (other than hockey): Fastball Athlete (non-hockey): LeBron James