• In 2010-11, Nugent-Hopkins led the WHL in assists (75), finished fourth overall in points (106) and was named an Eastern Conference First-Team All-Star after helping the Red Deer Rebels to a first place finish in the Central Division.
• He served as an assistant captain with Canada’s Under-18 team at the 2010 Ivan Hlinka Memorial in the Czech Republic, where he won gold and scored the game-winning goal, beating the U.S. 1-0.
• His 65 points (24-41--65) in 67 games as a 16-year-old in 2009-10, earned him the WHL’s Rookie of the Year Award and helped Red Deer make it to the playoffs for the first time in three years.
• Nugent-Hopkins was named the 2008 BC Minor Hockey Player of the Year, an honor handed out annually to a BC Amateur Hockey Association player who best exemplifies sportsmanship, leadership, and hockey skill. Previous winners of the award include: Edmonton Oilers forwards Gilbert Brule and Colin Fraser as well as Washington Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner.
• The first overall pick in the 2008 WHL bantam draft, he played Major Midget with the Vancouver North West Giants in 2008-09 winning the league championship -- his 87 points led the league by 24.
• His pre-game rituals include listening to ‘Savior’ by Rise Against and always eating an apple.
NHL team: Pittsburgh and Ottawa NHL player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Fake shot, fake backhand, back to forehand” Goal celebration: “One knee up, double fist pump, look to the sky” Video game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Legends of the Fall TV show: Friends Actor/Actress: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway Cartoon: The Simpsons Website: facebook.com Pump-up song: ‘Savior’ by Rise Against Restaurant: Cactus Club Café Sport (other than hockey): Football Breakfast food: French toast Superhero: Batman
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads