• Perlini led Niagara during the 2013-14 season with 34 goals in 58 games, and finished second on the team with 71 points. He was named the most sportsmanlike IceDog for 2013-14.
• He began playing hockey in the United Kingdom where his father, Fred, worked as director of a hockey program after his playing career ended in 1997 with the Guildford Flames of the British Hockey League. He wears No. 11 as a tribute to his father, who played eight games with the Toronto Maple Leafs after being drafted in 1980 (158th overall).
• Perlini registered four points (3-1—4) in seven games for Canada’s bronze medal winning entry at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship.
• His minor hockey career began with a national championship with the Guildford Junior Ice Club in Surrey, England. His family then moved back to North America where he played three seasons of minor hockey in Sault Ste. Marie before joining the Belle Tire program in Michigan when his family relocated to Detroit.
• Brendan’s brother, Brett, played four years at Michigan State University and was drafted by Anaheim in the seventh round (192nd overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft. He currently plays in the ECHL for the Toledo Walleye.
NHL team: Pittsburgh Penguins NHL player: Pavel Datsyuk, Sidney Crosby Shootout move: "Fake backhand, forehand" Goal celebration: "Hands in the air" Video game: FIFA Movie: Happy Gilmore Actor: Mark Wahlberg Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Golf, soccer, tennis