• In 2012-13, Petan more than tripled his 2011-12 totals for goals (46), assists (74) and points (120), sharing the CHL’s Top Scorer award with linemate and Predators prospect Brendan Leipsic.
• He finished second on the Winterhawks in scoring in both the WHL playoffs (9-19--28 in 21 games) and 2013 Memorial Cup (1-9--10 in five games). His breakout season earned Petan a selection to the WHL’s Western Conference First All-Star Team.
• On March 10, 2012, 12 days before his 17th birthday, Petan became the first 16-year-old in Winterhawks history to score four goals in a game. His impressive 2011-12 campaign earned him team co-Rookie of the Year honors with Chase De Leo.
• Petan won a gold medal with Canada at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. At the 2011 Canada Winter Games, he finished third in tournament scoring with 12 points (4-8--12) in six games to help Team British Columbia capture gold. He also skated for Team Pacific at the 2012 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.
• His brother, Alex, played his first season of NCAA Division I hockey with Michigan Tech in 2012-13. Petan wears No. 19 because he and his brother grew up admiring former NHL captains Joe Sakic and Markus Naslund.
NHL team: Vancouver Canucks NHL player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Circle around the puck, backhand, forehand” Goal celebration: “No favorite, changes every time – just smile” Video game: NHL 13 Movie: Remember the Titans TV show: Friends Actress: Jennifer Aniston Website: Netflix Pump-up song: “Till I Collapse” by Eminem Restaurant: Kobe Steakhouse Sports (other than hockey): Soccer and basketball Breakfast food: French toast Superhero: Batman