• In 2012-13, Morrissey led Raiders defensemen in scoring and ranked 12th overall in the Western Hockey League with 47 points (15-32--47) in 70 games. He was named the 2013 Canadian Hockey League’s Scholastic Player of the Year.
• Representing Canada in his second consecutive Under-18 World Championship in 2013, he led all defensemen the tournament with seven points (3-4--7) and a plus-10 rating to help Canada win a gold medal. At the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, Morrissey had a team-high eight assists en route to a gold medal for Canada.
• In his WHL debut in 2011-12, he posted 38 points (10-28--38) in 68 games to finish second overall in rookie defensemen scoring.
• Prior to being selected sixth overall in the 2010 WHL Bantam Draft, Morrissey had 21 goals (21-28--49) and 108 penalty minutes in 32 games for the Calgary Royals of the Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League. In 2010-11, he played 30 games at the Midget level for the Royals and recorded 17 goals (17-22--39) before joining Prince Albert for five games to close out the season.
• He attributes his vision on the ice to his father, Tom, a former quarterback at the University of Calgary.
• A Calgary Flames fan growing up, Morrissey played during a Flames intermission at the age of seven with his Springbank minor hockey team.
NHL team: Calgary Flames NHL players: Ryan Suter and Drew Doughty Shootout move: “The ‘Rick Nash’ – low blocker” Goal celebration: “Fist pump” Movie: Country Strong TV show: 24/7 Actor: Mark Wahlberg Musician: Drake Restaurant: Earls Superhero: Batman
CAN (2014 World Junior Championship)
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads