• A defensive-defenseman, Wrenn captained the U.S. Under-18 team to a 2009 World Championship gold medal and in his second year in the National Team Development Program, he totaled 17 points (6-11-17) in 60 games.
• He has committed to the University of Denver for the fall of 2009.
• Before the U.S. NTDP, he played 64 games for the LA Selects and notes that winning the AAA National Championship was one of his memorable hockey achievements “because it made leaving home at 14 years old worth it”.
• An Anchorage, Alaska native, he played on his first hockey team with the Boys and Girls Club after he learned to skate with a friend at the age of seven.
• His grandfather, John Kenneth Powell, played in the National Football League for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• His childhood idol was Joe Sakic and he credits his dad for having the most influence on his career – “he does a lot for the family and I’d do anything to make him proud”.
• If he could have dinner with three people it would be cyclist Lance Armstrong as well as Ultimate Fighter’s Brock Lesnar and Forest Griffen - “they’re all warriors”.
NHL Team: Anaheim Ducks NHL Player: Dion Phaneuf Shootout move: “Fake forehand, backhand, back to forehand and top shelf.” Goal celebration: “Point to God.” Video game: NHL ‘09 Movie: The Boondock Saints TV Show: Sports Center Actor: Denzel Washington Group: Breaking Benjamin Website: NHL.com Book: Lone Survivor Pump-up song: “Don’t Tread On Me” by Metallica Home cooked meal: Dad’s halibut burgers Sport (other than hockey): UFC Activity away from the rink: Fishing Place to shop: Buckle