• In his third season in the QMJHL, Lemieux finished third on Shawinigan with a plus-44 rating and totaled 25 points (6-19-25) from the blueline in 66 games in 2008-09.
• He also helped steady a defense group that led the Cataractes to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championship final in 2009, before losing by a goal in game seven to Drummondville.
• His younger brother, Alex, was drafted into the QMJHL, 40th overall in 2008 by the Halifax Mooseheads.
• Nicknamed “Mario” because of his last name, he started skating at the age of two on his backyard rink and grew up playing for the Saint-Hubert Jets minor hockey association.
• The number 51 on his jersey was originally picked for his favorite player, Francis Bouillon, but now he wears it because he is the only one in the league that wears it.
• His childhood hockey idol was Patrick Roy – “he’s a winner” and his favorite piece of memorabilia is a signed picture of himself alongside Guy Lafleur and the Stanley Cup.
• If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Lil Wayne - “my favorite rapper”, his grandmother – “the person I love the most in the world” and Mario Lemieux – “the best hockey player ever”.
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens NHL Player: Francis Bouillon Shootout move: Shoot Goal celebration: “Guitar Move” Video game: Medal of Honor Movie: Never Back Down Reality Show: Fear Factor Actor: Sylvester Stallone Cartoon: Bugs Bunny Website: rds.ca Book: Harry Potter Pump-up song: “Headstrong” by Trap Restaurant: Chenoy’s Sport (other than hockey): Baseball Place to visit: Bora Bora Snack: Grilled cheese Superhero: Batman