• As the highest ranked high school player, Kreider had 56 points (33-23-56) in just 26 games with Andover in 2008-09. The Boxford, Massachusetts native is still in 11th grade at Phillips Academy and he plans to attend Boston College in the fall of 2010.
• Living in Charlestown, Massachusetts, with the Boston Garden in view and a public rink down the street, Kreider learned to skate at the age of two. He played on his first hockey team with Masconomet Youth Hockey before playing 10 years with the Valley Junior Warriors.
• He patterns his game after Washington’s Alex Ovechkin – “he brings so much emotion and intensity to every shift and he is so dominant in every facet of his game”. Growing up, his hockey idol was Ray Bourque.
• His most embarrassing hockey moment was thinking his team was on the penalty kill and skating the puck all the way back into his own zone to kill time, while his team was actually even strength and playing four-on-four.
• Kreider describes his dream car as “some kind of van with enough room for half the team or so, plenty of hockey miles already on it and a killer sound system”.
NHL Team: Boston Bruins NHL Player: Alexander Ovechkin Shootout move: "Fake shot, backhand upstairs. Something simple." Goal celebration: "With my teammates" Video Game: NHL '09 Movie: Friday Night Lights TV Show: How I Met your Mother Actor: Neil Patrick Harris Website: YouTube.com Book: The Baron in the Trees Pump-up song: "Never Let Me Down" by Kanye West, Jay-Z and J. Ivy Restaurant: The 466 Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse Activity away from the rink: Spending time with family and friends Breakfast food: Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Ham-and-Cheese Omelet, Sausage