• Playing for the Frolunda Junior team for the bulk of the season in 2008-09, Klingberg recorded 26 points (13-13-26) in 35 games, while also appearing in 10 Elite League games for Frolunda, recording three points (2-1-3).
• Represented Team Sweden at the 2009 Under-18 World Championships, often playing on a line with fellow top ranked Swedish prospects Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson (No. 2) and Jacob Josefson (No. 3), recording four points (2-2-4) in six games.
• His hockey career started at the age of four at a Lerum hockey school, playing on his first hockey team with the Lerum BK.
• Klingberg patterns his game after Washington’s Alex Ovechkin – “I play with intensity, speed and I can hit and produce”.
• His most memorable hockey moment was travelling to Vancouver with the Under-17 National team and the most memorable hockey moment he has watched was when Sweden defeated Finland 6-5 at the 2004 World Cup after Finland had a 5-1 lead.
• He credits his parents and his grandfather for having the most influence on his career – “they have driven me to the rinks and supported me. They taught me to aim for the top”.
NHL Player: Alex Ovechkin Shootout Move: “My Secret” Movie: Miracle TV Show: Family Guy Video Game: God of War, NHL, FIFA Actor: Denzel Washington Music Group: U2 Website: facebook.com Pump-up Song: Techno, rock Pre-game meal: Spaghetti and meat