• Clark, a late bloomer playing a stay-at-home style, has come a long way in his Junior hockey career. He rose from a 217th priority selection in the OHL in 2006 to be ranked 31st overall by Central Scouting heading into the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. As a rookie he recorded 23 points (3-20-23) and a plus-21 rating from the blueline in 2008-09.
• Clark’s family has a strong athletic background. His grandmother Shirley Randell was a professional figure skater; his other grandmother, Janet Walker, was a professional golfer and his uncle Ab DeMarco, played 344 games in the NHL between 1969 and 1979 with eight different teams (NY Rangers, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Edmonton and Boston). His sister, Elizabeth, is attending the University of South Alabama on a soccer scholarship.
• Born in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, he moved to Ontario at the age of five where he played Timbits hockey in Milton. He played four years of minor hockey with the Milton Winterhawks and six with Halton Hurricanes before playing two years with the Brampton Capitals of the Ontario Provincial Junior ‘A’ League.
• A first year philosophy student at the University of Guelph, he would invite Julius Caesar, Bill Gates and Gandhi to dinner if he had the chance.
• His childhood hockey heroes were Joe Sakic and Adam Foote – “they are great players and leaders as well as very humble and great people”.
• Falling on his face hopping over the boards during a timeout in an overtime game this year is his most embarrassing hockey moment and his most memorable was signing his OHL contact “because it was a huge decision and life-changing”.
NHL Team: Colorado Avalanche NHL Player: Dion Phaneuf Shootout move: “Quick shot, or forehand then backhand.” Goal celebration: “One hand in the air and meet with teammates.” Video game: Call of Duty 5: World at War Movie: Troy and 300 TV Show: Entourage Actor: Russell Crowe Music Group: Theory of a Deadman Website: Facebook Book: Black Order by James Rollins Pump-up song: “Till I Collapse” by Eminem Home cooked meal: Pasta with barbequed ribs Sport (other than hockey): Skiing Place to shop: Any “Beach and Board” shop Place to visit: California