• The 6’1” right winger has committed to Denver University for next season.
• In 2009-10, Bennett led the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) in scoring with 120 points (41-79--120) in 56 games, averaging 2.14 points per game. The point total was the most since Tyler Bozak of the Toronto Maple Leafs recorded 128 in 2007.
• He is the only BCHL rookie to record 100+ points in a season in the last seven years; the next highest rookie this season had 80 points, 40 behind Bennett.
• The NHL draft will not be far from home for Bennett who played for the LA Junior Kings in Southern California last year. His first hockey team was the El Segundo Regents and he was a member of the California Selects that won the under-14 national championship in 2006.
• Bennett won a gold medal at the World Junior ‘A’ Challenge in PEI with Team USA and was the only non-USHL member of the team.
• His childhood hockey hero was Ray Ferraro and he got his start in hockey on rollerblades at the age of three because his brother wanted to play.
NHL Team: Los Angeles Kings NHL Player: Pavel Datsyuk Shootout move: “Kyle Okposo’s move” Video Game: Mario Kart Movie: Law Abiding Citizens TV Show: Two and Half Men Actor: Jim Carey Cartoon: Doug Website: NHL.com Book: To Kill A Mockingbird Activity away from the rink: Body boarding Superhero: Batman
LA JR. KINGS
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads