• Zucker was one of two U.S. players to win three gold medals in one calendar year – he won gold at the 2009 and 2010 Under-18 Championships as well as the gold medal at the 2010 World Junior Championships. Goaltender and his best friend on the team, Jack Campbell, was the other to complete the feat.
• In total, he played 60 games (22 in the USHL) with the U.S. National Team Development Program, recording 53 points and tying for the team lead with 29 goals.
• Zucker began his hockey career at the age of three playing roller hockey in his hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada. At the age of 10, he moved to Los Angeles to get better competition playing for the Los Angeles Hockey Club for two years before returning home in 2006 to play for the Las Vegas Outlaws AAA team. Prior to making the jump to the U.S. NTDP, he played one season with Detroit Compuware.
• He is committed to the University of Denver for the fall of 2010.
• His superstitions include separating his sticks from the rest of the team, always being the first player on the ice and he wears number 16 because it is the same number his grandfather wore for football.
NHL team: Detroit Red Wings NHL player: Zach Parise and Pavel Datsyuk Shootout move: “Backhand, top shelf” Goal celebration: “One knee, fist pump” Movie: Miracle Actor: Will Ferrell Music group: Linkin Park Website: NHL.com Pump-up song: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem Home-cooked meal: Burgers and sweet potato fries Activity away from the rink: Roller hockey
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads