• Forsberg was the youngest player on Team Sweden at the 2012 World Junior Championships, helping his team capture their first World Junior gold medal since 1981 -- he recorded one assist in six games.
• In 2011-12, he split the season between Leksand and its junior team. He totaled 17 points (8-9--17) in 43 games for Leksand in the second division of Sweden’s senior league.
• He won a silver medal at the 2011 World Under-18 Championships, recording six points (4-2--6) in six games, and at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial collecting five points (4-1--5) in six games.
• While not related, he does model his game after former NHL All-Star Peter Forsberg, learning his style through watching him on Team Sweden as well as online.
• His father, Patrik, a former player, has been the biggest influence on his career – “he has taught me a lot as a father and as a coach”.
• Forsberg played baseball for two years while growing up – it is not a popular sport in Sweden and less than 1,000 currently play the sport.
• He lists the most embarrassing song on his iPod as one he made himself -- “I’m not that good at making songs, but I tried once just for fun. It was not a top song, and I would not play it on the radio”.
It's hard to walk into that locker room and look those guys in the eye when they've played -- clearly, that was our best game we've played in the series -- and I thought we deserved a better fate tonight.
— Tampa Bay Lightning coach Jon Cooper on his team's 3-2 loss to the Canadiens in Game 3 on Sunday