• After completing his second season with the U.S. National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor in 2011-12, Trouba is committed to play at the University of Michigan in the fall of 2012.
• He was the youngest player on Team USA at the 2012 World Junior Championship, recording three assists in six games.
• In 2010-11, Trouba played 37 games for the U.S. Under-17 team before being called up for the final 21 games with the NTDP’s Under-18 team.
• He has won two gold medals at the World Under-18 Championships (2011, 2012). In 2012, Trouba posted three points (1-2--3) and a plus-five rating. In 2011, he scored the opening goal of the gold medal game en route to a 4-3 overtime win. Trouba also played for the U.S. at the 2011 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning silver after recording nine points (2-7--9) in six games.
• Fellow NHL Draft prospect Patrick Sieloff (ranked No. 34) is a longtime friend and Trouba’s defensive partner -- the two players have competed on the same team since playing minor hockey for the Compuware organization.
• Trouba first started skating at the age of four following in his brother T.J.’s footsteps -- “I didn’t like it at first. The first time I skated, I kept falling and crying that I wanted to get off the ice. My dad wouldn’t let me; he made me stick with it and try it out. I ended up loving it so he gets credit for that.”
NHL team: Detroit Red Wings NHL player: Shea Weber Shootout move: Fake slapshot Goal celebration: “One arm in the air” Video game: Super Monkey Ball Movie: She’s Out of My League TV show: Two and a Half Men Actor: Adam Sandler Musician: Luke Bryan Website: Twitter Book: “Tough Guy” by Bob Probert
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads