• In 2011-12, Koekkoek recorded 18 points (5-13--18) in 26 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in November.
• He was recognized by the OHL as the East Division Academic Player of the Month in October 2011.
• In 2010-11, his first season with Peterborough, he tallied 23 points (7-16--23) in 65 games to rank second among Petes defensemen in scoring.
• Koekkoek represented Canada at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Tournament and led the team in defensive scoring with five points in five games. Fellow 2012 NHL Draft prospects and defensemen Matthew Dumba, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly and Derrick Pouliot also participated in the tournament for Team Canada.
• Koekkoek also played for Team Canada at the 2011 Under-18 World Championship, where he scored two points in seven games and helped lead his country to a bronze medal.
• He won a gold medal playing for Team Ontario at the 2011 Under-17 World Championship, skating with fellow 2012 NHL Draft prospects Matthew Campagna and Brendan Gaunce.
• Koekkoek helped Notre Dame capture a midget AAA National Championship, recording seven points (4-3--7) in seven games. He earned MVP honors despite being two years younger than some of the players in the tournament.
NOTRE DAME HOUNDS
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads