• Demko backstopped Boston College to a Frozen Four appearance in his freshman year, stopping 29 shots for the Eagles in their 4-3 victory over UMass Lowell during the NCAA Northeast Regional Final. In the Frozen Four semifinals, they were defeated 5-4 by Union College, who went on to win the National Championship.
• As the youngest player in NCAA hockey during the 2013-14 season, Demko finished his freshman year with a 16-5-3 record, 2.24 goals-against average, .919 save-percentage and two shutouts.
• Demko played his minor hockey in Southern California with the San Diego Junior Gulls and the Los Angeles Junior Kings. While growing up in San Diego, Demko’s passion for hockey was fostered by his father, Brenton, who has a dual U.S. and Canadian citizenship.
• He earned a silver medal with Team USA at the 2013 Under-18 World Championship, posting a 3-1-0-3 record in seven games. He also helped the U.S. to a second-place finish at the 2012 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, leading the tournament with a 1.90 goals-against average and .949 save percentage.
• His most memorable hockey moment is beating Russia in a shootout during the semifinals of the Under-18 World Championship in Sochi in front of a crowd of about 10,000.
NHL team: Los Angeles Kings NHL player: Jamie Benn Video game: NHL 14 Movie: Anchorman TV show: Dexter Actor: Denzel Washington Musician: Luke Bryan Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Basketball Athlete (non-hockey): Tom Brady Twitter follow: @TSNBobMcKenzie