• In 2010-11, Nugent-Hopkins led the WHL in assists (75), finished fourth overall in points (106) and was named an Eastern Conference First-Team All-Star after helping the Red Deer Rebels to a first place finish in the Central Division.
• He served as an assistant captain with Canada’s Under-18 team at the 2010 Ivan Hlinka Memorial in the Czech Republic, where he won gold and scored the game-winning goal, beating the U.S. 1-0.
• His 65 points (24-41--65) in 67 games as a 16-year-old in 2009-10, earned him the WHL’s Rookie of the Year Award and helped Red Deer make it to the playoffs for the first time in three years.
• Nugent-Hopkins was named the 2008 BC Minor Hockey Player of the Year, an honor handed out annually to a BC Amateur Hockey Association player who best exemplifies sportsmanship, leadership, and hockey skill. Previous winners of the award include: Edmonton Oilers forwards Gilbert Brule and Colin Fraser as well as Washington Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner.
• The first overall pick in the 2008 WHL bantam draft, he played Major Midget with the Vancouver North West Giants in 2008-09 winning the league championship -- his 87 points led the league by 24.
• His pre-game rituals include listening to ‘Savior’ by Rise Against and always eating an apple.
NHL team: Pittsburgh and Ottawa NHL player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Fake shot, fake backhand, back to forehand” Goal celebration: “One knee up, double fist pump, look to the sky” Video game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Legends of the Fall TV show: Friends Actor/Actress: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway Cartoon: The Simpsons Website: facebook.com Pump-up song: ‘Savior’ by Rise Against Restaurant: Cactus Club Café Sport (other than hockey): Football Breakfast food: French toast Superhero: Batman