• Competing in his first WHL season, Edmundson tallied 20 points (2-18--20) in 71 games, posting a plus-three rating and picking up 95 penalty minutes.
• He won Moose Jaw’s hardest shot competition registering a 98 mph shot.
• Edmundson got his start in hockey at the age of four, skating at the outdoor rink with his brother. He played on his first hockey team the McCallum Jewelers’ Canucks when he was five. He also played all twelve years of his minor hockey with the Brandon Youth Hockey Association.
• His childhood hockey idols were always Brandon Wheats King players; Nashville forward Jordan Tootoo was his favorite. He credits his father, Bob, for having the most influence on his career because he coached him throughout his minor hockey career.
• Once an avid baseball player too, he finished fifth place in a national baseball competition at the age of eight and played for Team Manitoba twice at the national championship.
NHL team: Calgary Flames NHL player: Jarome Iginla Shootout move: “Spin-O-Rama” Goal celebration: Fist pump Video game: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Movie: The Hangover TV show: Storage Wars Actor: Will Ferrell Music group: Nickelback Website: Facebook.com Pump-up song: “Sound of Madness” by Shinedown Home-cooked meal: Taco salad Activity away from the rink: Sleeping
I challenged him to a goalie fight when we chatted before the game, but he didn't want to go. It was strange to see him at the other end of the ice, but I'm sure he felt the same way looking down at our end.
— Vancouver goalie Eddie Lack joking about facing his former teammate Roberto Luongo after the Canucks' win against the Panthers