• A stay-at-home defenseman, Collins totaled seven points (1-6—7) in 59 games with the U.S. Under-18 National Team in 2013-14. He then captured a gold medal with Team USA at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship, tallying two assists in seven games.
• He will attend the University of Minnesota in the fall of 2014, along with fellow National Team Development Program defenseman Jack Glover (No. 38-ranked North American skater). The two have been teammates since 2011-12 at Benilde-St. Margaret’s School, earning a bronze medal at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge and gold at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship.
• Collins posted four points (1-3—4) in 23 games for Benilde-St. Margaret’s School in 2011-12. The team captured their first-ever AA title with a 5-1 win over Hill-Murray School in the Minnesota state championship game.
• Collins was a teammate of Jack Jablonski while with Benilde-St. Margaret’s in 2011-12. Jablonski’s story touched the hockey world when he was paralyzed after crashing into the boards during a game with the junior varsity team on December 30, 2011.
• His uncle, Jim Warner, was selected by the New York Rangers in the 23rd round (245th overall) of the 1974 NHL Draft. He played four years with Colorado College in the NCAA before joining the Hartford Whalers for 32 games in 1979-80. He also represented the U.S. at various international events. Ryan’s father, Dan, played hockey at Connecticut College.
• A Kennedy Youth Hockey graduate, Collins also skated for the Minneapolis Park bantam team in 2010-11 before being selected by the Portland Winterhawks in the eighth round (174th overall) of the 2011 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.
NHL team: Pittsburgh Penguins NHL player: Alex Pietrangelo Shootout move: “T.J. Oshie, fake to the backhand” Goal celebration: “One knee, scoop some ice” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: Never Back Down TV show: Friday Night Lights Actor: Julianne Hough Musician: Luke Bryan Website: YouTube Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse Athlete (non-hockey): Cristiano Ronaldo