• Bleackley began the 2013-14 season, his second in the Western Hockey League, with eight goals and 19 points in his first 15 games, surpassing his 66-game point total from his first campaign with the Rebels (9-9—18). He finished the year tied for the team lead in goals (29) and paced the club with 68 points.
• He was named Red Deer’s captain in November 2013, and at age 17 is one of only three first-time draft-eligible players to wear the “C” in the Canadian Hockey League this season: also Aaron Ekblad (No. 2-ranked North American skater) of the Barrie Colts and Sam Reinhart (No. 3-ranked North American skater) of the Kootenay Ice.
• Bleackley recorded two points and was an assistant captain on Canada’s bronze-medal winning team at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship. He also wore a letter with Team Pacific at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, posting four points (3-1—4) in five games.
• His hometown of High River, Alta. was devastated by flooding in June 2013, forcing many families from their homes: “We had to be evacuated for two weeks. We had four feet of water in the basement and a lot of mud. But it could have been worse. The community really came together and the response was phenomenal.”
• Bleackley grew up on the same street as Calgary Flames forward Corban Knight (selected 135th overall by Florida in the 2009 NHL Draft). They often played shinny together on a pond by their house.
• He complied 89 points (45-44—89) in 62 games over two seasons with the Okotoks Oilers Bantam AAA team in the Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League. He also won a gold medal with Team Alberta at the 2011 Western Canada Under-16 Challenge Cup (2-2—4 in four games).
NHL team: Colorado Avalanche NHL player: Joe Sakic Shootout move: “Shoot” Goal celebration: “Hands in the air” Video game: NHL 2K14 Movie: Dumb and Dumber TV show: Prison Break Actor: Will Ferrell Musician: Luke Bryan Sport (other than hockey): Surfing, Golf Twitter follow: @BizNasty2point0
CAN (2014 IIHF U18 World Championship)
PACIFIC (2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge)
UFA BISONS STRATHMORE
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads