• In 2013-14, as a 17-year-old rookie, Magyar posted 46 points (20-26—46) for the Rangers to win the Jim Reilly Trophy as the team’s leading scorer. He was the first Kitchener rookie to accomplish the feat since 1999-2000, when Derek Roy (St. Louis) paced the club with 87 points.
• He shared the Rangers’ Rookie of the Year award this season with linemate Ryan MacInnis (No. 20-ranked North American skater) -- the two players also were teammates for Team USA at the 2012 Youth Olympic Games in Innsbruck, Austria.
• Magyar was Kitchener’s nominee for the Bobby Smith Trophy as the Ontario Hockey League’s Scholastic Player of the Year in 2013-14, earning him a spot on the League’s Scholastic Team.
• He was selected in the first round (fourth overall) by the Sioux City Musketeers in the 2012 United States Hockey League Futures Draft and played 27 games with the team in 2012-13, splitting time between the Musketeers and the Cleveland Barons’ under-18 team.
• In 2011-12, Magyar skated for the Barons under-16 team, finishing second on the club with 64 points (30-34—64) behind only Sonny Milano (No. 16-ranked North American skater), who finished the season with 87 points.
• Magyar comes from an athletic family -- his father, Mark, played baseball for Bowling Green University and his mother, Joelle, played volleyball for Baldwin Wallace University.
NHL team: Columbus Blue Jackets NHL player: Rick Nash Shootout move: “Fake shot. Backhand. Forehand.” Goal celebration: “First pump, then hit the glass” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: The Dark Knight TV show: Modern Family Actor: Will Ferrell Musician: Luke Bryan Most played song: ‘Stay’ by Florida Georgia Line Sport (other than hockey): Golf Athlete (non-hockey): LeBron James