• Kulda capped the 2013-14 season with a goal and two assists in the championship game of the Memorial Cup as Edmonton captured its first championship since 1966 with a 6-3 win over the Guelph Storm. He totaled seven points (4-3—7) in five games en route to capturing the Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy as the tournament’s most valuable player.
• He finished fifth in Oil Kings scoring during the 2013-14 regular season, compiling 60 points (30-30—60) in 66 games, and was the team’s second-highest scorer in the postseason, notching 22 points (10-12—22) in 21 contests. His plus-14 postseason rating led all Oil Kings.
• After winning the Memorial Cup, Kulda reflected on the passing of his fellow countryman and former teammate, Kristians Pelss, who drowned in June 2013: "We were always talking about Pelss, always remembering him. We were playing for him, and I'm sure he is watching us right now and he is very happy."
• Kulda has represented Latvia at a number of international events, most recently winning a silver medal with his country at the 2014 Division 1 Group A World Junior Championship, where he shared the tournament lead with six assists (1-6—7) in five games. He also played for Latvia at the 2012 Under-18 World Championship and 2013 World Junior Championship.
• His brother, Arturs, was drafted 200th overall by the Atlanta Thrashers in 2006 and spent the 2013-14 season with Ufa in the Kontinental Hockey League.
• In 2009-10, Kulda shared the league goal-scoring lead and led SK Riga to an under-18 title, compiling 63 points (36-27—63) in 17 games. He spent the 2011-12 season with HK Riga’s junior team before Edmonton selected him in the first round (38th overall) of the 2012 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads