• He won the Red Tilson Trophy as the Ontario Hockey Leagues' outstanding player for the 2009-10 season, beating out Windsor Spitfires' Taylor Hall and London Knights' Nazem Kadri.
• Seguin recorded 10 points (5-5--10) in nine games during the 2010 Ontario Hockey League playoffs before the Whalers were defeated in the second round by Windsor.
• He finished the regular season tied for the league lead with 106 points (48-58--106), becoming the first player in Plymouth franchise history to lead the OHL in scoring. His 48 goals in 63 games ranked third in the OHL in 2009-10.
• During the 2009-10 season he captained Team White and was selected team MVP at the Top Prospects Game, was named an OHL All-Star for the Canada-Russia Challenge and competed in the OHL All-Star game.
• He starred for Canada at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in the Czech Republic, leading the event and Canada to gold with four goals and six assists (4-6--10) in four games. Seguin also won a gold medal with Team Ontario at the World Under-17 Challenge, finishing second in tournament scoring with 11 points on a tournament-best eight assists (3-8--11) in six games.
• Seguin got his start in the game at age five, playing Timbits hockey in Whitby – “I started playing because my dad played and wanted to get me into it. He always pushed me growing up and gave me advice”.
• His father, Paul, played at the University of Vermont, where he was the team captain and teammate of future NHLer John LeClair.
• His boyhood idol is Steve Yzerman – “He’s definitely been my favorite player growing up and last year I got the honor to meet him and it was a really big privilege".
NHL Player: Henrik Zetterberg Shootout move: “Fake forehand, backhand, forehand, mid cheese” Goal celebration: “Glass jump” Video Game: Call of Duty Movie: Miracle TV Show: NHL on the Fly Actress: Jessica Alba Cartoon Character: Bart Simpson Website: plymouthwhalers.com Book: Air Jordan Pump-up song: “There are many. A classic would be Eye of the Tiger by Survivor” Restaurant: Omelette Cafe Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse Superhero: Superman