Types of Information We Collect
Information You Provide Directly. We receive information you provide when using our Services, including when you register for our Services; sign up for electronic newsletters, marketing emails or other communications; participate in a survey, contests or sweepstakes; log on to our Guest WiFi; or otherwise communicate with us. The information you provide to us may include first and last name, online username and/or email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, user content, personal preferences or payment information.
Information Collected When You Use Our Online or Mobile Services. When you use our Services online, we may collect or receive information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. This information may be combined with other information you provide to send you personalized content and ads based on your interests. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we may receive:
• Log information. Our servers automatically log and store certain browsing information when you use our Services online, like browsing history, time, date and duration of your visit, browser or operating system data, your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and the websites you visit before and after accessing our Services.
• Device information. We automatically collect and store information concerning the device used to access our Services. Device information may include the device type (e.g., your particular brand of phone or tablet), device identifiers unique to your device, and your Internet service provider.
• Location information. When you use location-enabled services on your device, we may receive specific location information drawn from your device's GPS or Bluetooth signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers.
• Information from third-party sources. We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available, from the NHL, or from our business partners. We may also receive information about you if you connect with social networking services while using our Services.
How We Use Information
To provide you Services. We use your information to provide you with the Services you use or request. We may use your information to create accounts, process transactions, provide technical and user support, send marketing communications about our affiliates and third-party services and other notifications to you, administer your participation in contests or promotions, or to customize your user experiences, among other things.
To improve our Services. We may also use the information to improve our Services, to solicit input and feedback about our Services, identify and address technical issues on our Services, or enhance our ability to detect and prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities and otherwise enforce our Terms of Service.
To market to you. We may use the information to show you ads for our Services and affiliated and third-party services on our websites and to send you promotional communications about us, the NHL, or other business partners. We also may use the information we collect and receive for other purposes that may be described to you at the point of collection or for which you provide your consent.
How We Share Information
We may share information with:
• Our affiliates. We may share information with current and future affiliates, our affiliates include our direct and indirect shareholders and subsidiary companies, joint venture partners, or other companies we control, we are controlled by, or with which we are under common control or ownership.
• Our service providers. We may provide information about you to service providers that perform services on our behalf. These companies are contractually limited in the ways in which they may use this information.
• Our business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that are not our service providers, such as sponsors, broadcast partners, and retail licensees, to market to you for their own purposes. Business partners are expected to protect the information we share with them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners and are not liable for any injury, loss or damage arising from or in connection with their use of your information.
• Other parties when required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information to other parties when required by law or in the good-faith belief that doing so is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process; to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users, the public or us; and to enforce the terms of this Policy or our Terms of Service.
• Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. We reserve the right to transfer your information in connection with the restructure, sale or other disposition of all or part of our business, or, in the event of bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors.
Third-Party Content and Links
Your California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents who have provided us with their personal information to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/contact-us or as set out in the Contact Us section below. Please include "California Privacy Rights" in the subject line of your request and your first name, last name, and mailing address in the body of the email.
In addition, California residents who are registered users of the Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they post on the Services. You may request removal by contacting us at https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/contact-us or as set out in the Contact Us section below. Please include in the body of the email (i) a statement that you are requesting, in accordance with California law, the removal of user content; (ii) a description of the material you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; and (iii) your first name, last name, email address, mailing address (including city, state, and zip) and year of birth so that we can process your request. Please note that your request does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the material.
California's Online Privacy Protection Act requires us to disclose how we respond to "do not track" requests. Currently, we do not recognize "do not track" requests from Internet browsers or similar devices.
Choices with Your Information
Whether you use our Services or provide us with your information is entirely up to you, though some of our Services may not be available to you, or may not work optimally, if you choose not to share certain information. If you do use our Services or provide us with your information, you may have the opportunity to limit communications from us or limit certain uses of your information as follows:
• Email. You may opt out of receiving future promotional email communications from us by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of email communications and updating your preferences. If you opt out, we may continue to send you transactional or service-related emails regarding your account.
• Text messages. You may opt out of receiving promotional text messages from us by replying "STOP" to any message. You may receive a free message confirming that you have successfully opted out.
• Direct Mail. You may opt out of receiving direct mail communications from us by filling out the email form at https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/contact-us. Please include "STOP" in the subject line of the email and your first name, last name, and mailing address in the body of the email.
• Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties. In accordance with applicable law, you may opt out of having your personally identifiable information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by filling out the email form at https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/contact-us. Please include "STOP" in the subject line of the email and your first name, last name, and email address in the body of the email.
• Review and Correct Information. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to review, update, or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. To review or correct your information, please contact us at by filling out the email form at https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/contact-us. Please include "REVIEW" in the subject line of the email and include your first name, last name, and email address in the body of the email.
• Tailored Advertising. Some advertising services providers may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive tailored ads that are based on consumers' online activities. To learn more and to opt-out of such targeted advertising, please visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
We have adopted physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help protect against theft, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to or disclosure of the information we collect and receive. However, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information, or any other disclosures out of our control.
Your online access to some of your information may be protected with a password that you select. We strongly recommend that you select a unique password that is difficult to guess and that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls, or email messages).
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without prior permission from a parent or guardian, except as permitted by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We encourage all parents to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet.
The Vegas Golden Knights' headquarters is in the United States, and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information may be transferred to, maintained, and processed by the Vegas Golden Knights', its affiliates, and our operational partners and service providers in the United States. Please note that U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence and such information may be subject to lawful access by U.S. courts, law enforcement, and governmental authorities. By using our Services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to, in, and out of the United States.
To the extent our activities are subject to international data protection laws that specify limited legal grounds to process your information, the legal bases for our processing activities are to perform our contract(s) with you; to meet our legal obligations; and for our legitimate business purposes, including to improve our operation and Services, detect and prevent fraud, and enforce our Terms of Service. We rely on your consent to send you direct marketing messages about our products, services and promotions and to deliver targeted advertisements to you, both on and off the Services. We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
Please see the Choices with Your Information section for more information on how to withdraw your consent at any time. In addition, you may also have rights to access, rectification, deletion/erasure, objection, restriction of processing and/or portability. You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found on the European Commission website at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
Our Services use may include online technologies called "cookies" and "web beacons," as well as other local storage technologies. This section explains what these technologies are and how they may be used.
Cookies and Other Local Storage Technologies
Generally speaking, "cookies" are text files that are placed in your device's browser, and that can be used to help recognize your browser across different web pages, websites, and browsing sessions. Your browser or device may offer settings related to cookies. For example, you may be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do, and how they work, visit your browser or device's help material. If you decide not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of the Services.
Cookies are stored on your device or in "local storage." We also use other types of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (sometimes called "Flash cookies"), in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to cookies in that they are stored on your device and can be used to maintain information about your activities and preferences.
However, these other local storage technologies may use parts of your device other than your browser, which means you may not be able to control their use using the browser tools and settings you use to control browser cookies. Your browser's privacy controls may enable you to manage other types of local storage.
• to help authenticate you when you use our Services;
• to remember your preferences and registration information; to enable a shopping cart;
• to present and help measure and research the effectiveness of our Service, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon); and
• to customize the content and advertisements provided to you through our Services and on other websites and services you visit.
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages, videos, and in emails that can communicate information about your browser and device to a server. Beacons can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a Web page or read an email, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing a Web page or email.