Discover the sport of hockey through six (6) hour-long introductory practices in a complete set of CCM "Little Blues" branded hockey equipment thanks to the combined efforts of the St. Louis Blues, CCM and USA Hockey.
During this six week program, all participants will receive coaching from Blues alumni Jamie Rivers (1995-99, 2006-07) and Lubos Bartecko (1998-2001).
Available Little Blues Sessions
Sign Up Now
Location: Kiener Plaza Park Rink
500 Chestnut St. St. Louis, MO 63101
Ice Time: Two sessions - 10 a.m. - 11 a.m., or 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
First On-Ice Date: 11/25/2018
Duration: Five weeks
Location: McKendree Metro Rec Plex
205 Rec Plex Drive, O'Fallon, IL 62269
Ice Time: 10 - 11a.m.
First On-Ice Date: 1/5/2019
Duration: Six weeks
Location: Queeny Park RInk
550 Weidman Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011
Ice Time: 1:45 - 2:45p.m.
First On-Ice Date: 1/6/2019
Duration: Six weeks
- Little Blues jersey
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Shin guards
- Hockey socks
- Hockey stick
- Equipment bag
- The program is intended for children who have not participated in an organized hockey program before. Children who have registered with a local Missouri Hockey association previously are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Six (6) practices will be held on consecutive weeks at the same rink/date/time.
- Skating lessons are highly recommended before the start of the Little Blues Program. Little Blues participants should be able to skate the width of the ice without falling before they come to the first Little Blues clinic. For more information on skating lessons, please check out your local community education or rinks for classes.
- Once registered, participants will attend an Equipment Fitting Event hosted by Total Hockey. Properly fit equipment is important for comfort, performance, & safety!
- Registration fee is $150 per child.
- The Little Blues Program will operate out of six (6) arenas spread throughout the metro and Greater St. Louis area. Only 60 participants will be accepted at each site and participants must register online, no exceptions.
- Once the Little Blues Learn to Play Hockey Program registration is complete, parents will then be asked to register their child with a local Youth Hockey Association Equipment.
All details subject to change. Skating lessons are highly recommended prior to the start of the Little Blues Learn to Play Program
We understand that situations occur that may prevent you from participating in the Little Blues Learn to Play program. If you need to cancel your registration, please e-mail Brandon Knox with your request and our staff will work towards processing your refund. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org