Payment could be due two (2) weeks prior to the appearance date. If applicable, please make checks for appearance fees payable to the Club de hockey Canadien, Inc.
Donations should be made payable to the Montreal Canadiens Children's Foundation. Upon receipt of a donation, the Montreal Canadiens Children's Foundation will issue a receipt for tax purposes.
- Other possible fees that an organization may be charged for an appearance include any airfare, hotel, meals, parking or other incidentals that will occur as part of the appearance.
- If the event is more than 20 kilometres from the Bell Centre, a travel fee of .60$/kilometer for round trip travel may be charged.
Other terms and conditions
Please be advised that failure to follow these procedures may result in delays to the application process.
- Reception of the appearance request form does not guarantee an appearance or constitute a contract.
- Requests will be responded to on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Upon receipt of the appearance request form, the organizer will receive an e-mail confirmation that the request has been received and an estimated timeframe when we will reply.
- If the form is incomplete, a Canadiens representative will notify the organizer via e-mail that additional information is needed; they will need to resubmit their request, and it may be placed in the order in which it was received after being resubmitted.
- Any appearance may be terminated by Youppi! if he feels his safety is in jeopardy.
- Security before and after the event may be required to escort Youppi! to his car.
Confirmation of appearance
- A Canadiens representative will contact the event organizer to confirm Youppi!'s presence and further discuss the appearance in detail.
- If any changes occur after the date has been confirmed, we ask that the organizer notify us as soon as possible.
- If we confirm Youppi! to attend an event and there is a change in the date for any reason, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate the new date.
- We reserve the right to cancel any appearance for whatever reason.
- If appropriate, we may ask the organization/event organizer to provide a media plan which we will share with the Marketing and Communications departments to ensure the greatest level of proper exposure for both organizations.
- If artwork is required (photos, team logo, etc.) for marketing purposes, the event organizer will need to notify us regarding approved use of the Canadiens' name and logo, deadline dates and other design specifications.
- Following the event, we request a copy of any photos (preferably digital) featuring Youppi! and any Canadiens representative attending the event; we request permission to post these photos on our website, canadiens.com, or to use for promotional purposes.