• Shinkaruk served as Medicine Hat’s captain during the 2012-13 season and finished first on the team in assists (49) and second in both goals (37) and points (86). He also led the Tigers in playoff scoring with three goals and three assists in eight games.
• Playing alongside Emerson Etem (Anaheim Ducks) in 2011-12, Shinkaruk scored 49 goals (49-42--91) to rank fifth in the Western Hockey League.
• Shinkaruk tallied a hat trick, including the overtime winner, to help Team Canada capture a bronze medal at the 2012 Under-18 World Championship. He also won gold at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.
• A Calgary Royals minor hockey product, Shinkaruk was selected as the Tigers’ Rookie of the Year in 2010-11 after missing the full 2009-10 season of midget hockey with a broken tibia and fibula.
• He wears No. 9 because his childhood hockey idol was Mike Modano. In the off-season, he has skated with NHLers Mike Cammalleri, Andrew Cogliano and Mason Raymond.
• His dad, Roger, is a longtime dentist for the WHL’s Calgary Hitmen.
MEDICINE HAT’S SHINKARUK DRIVEN TO BE THE BEST (click here)
“Knee swipe, jump into glass”
“Pop That” by French Montana
Steak, mashed potatoes, Caesar salad