- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2014
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||March 15, 1990
||Apple Valley, MN, USA
- Had three goals and six points at the 2008 Under-18 IIHF World Championship helping Team USA win a bronze medal.
- Finished fifth on the London Knights in scoring with 18 goals and 46 points, including seven power-play goals.
- Played on the U.S. National Under-17 team in 2005-06, registering 21 points (10-11--21) in 58 games.
- His nickname is “Diesel” and he wears number 90 because he was always number nine growing up but nine and 19 are both retired in London.
- His father, Basil, was drafted in the 3rd round, 87th overall in 1980 NHL Entry Draft by the Quebec Nordiques – he played with seven different NHL teams from 1981 until he retired after the 1996-97 season. His uncle, Chris also played in the National Hockey League with Detroit and Toronto.
- He got his start in hockey on the frozen ponds of Minnesota when he was young and played on his first hockey team for the Chesterfield Falcons.
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career – “he coached me when I was young and always motivates me”.
- Patterns his game after Jason Allison – “I have a lot of the same qualities as him, we are built similar and have the same style”.
- Winning a national championship with the Junior Blues is his most memorable hockey moment – “it is the biggest tournament or championship that I have ever won”.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is his iPod and is he wasn’t playing hockey he would be fishing or snowboarding.
NHL Team: St. Louis Blues
NHL Player: Vincent Lecavalier
Shootout move: “Fake shot, backhand toe drag, top shelf”
Goal Celebration: Fist pump
Practice Drill: One-on-one’s
Video Game: NHL 08
Movie: Wedding Crashers
TV Show: Everybody Loves Raymond
Actor: Vince Vaughn
Artist: Neil Young
Book: It’s not about the bike by Lance Armstrong
Food to cook: Fish
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Fishing
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: Bass Pro Shop
Place to visit: Atlantis