- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2013
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||June 27, 1990
||Detroit, MI, USA
- Finished third on the Whalers in scoring with 55 points and second with 15 power-play goals.
- Finished in second place in the hardest shot competition at the 2008 CHL Top Prospects game (94 miles-per-hour).
- Helped his team win the OHL Championship last season and competed for the 2007 Memorial Cup in Vancouver, BC.
- Was a member of Team USA at the 2007 Memorial of Ivan Hlinka Tournament in Slovakia.
- Patterns his game after Edmonton’s Ethan Moreau – “he’s a responsible center in all three zones and he’s a leader”.
- Was a member of Farmington Hills minor hockey for three years and played his first-ever season of hockey as a member of the Farmington Hills Thrashers. He went on to play two seasons for Compuware and one season with Honeybaked before entering the OHL.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: U.S. cyclist Lance Armstrong, boxing great Muhammad Ali and former NHL star Steve Yzerman.
- The best advice he ever received was from his mom -- “Don’t let anything get in the way of your dreams” and he credits his step-father for having had the most influence on his career for starting him in the game.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was falling over the boards during the 2007 Memorial Cup and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is “Tell me why” by the Backstreet Boys.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings
NHL Player: Detroit’s Henrik Zetterberg
Shootout move: “Quick release snapshot low stick side”
Goal celebration: “Raise my right hand with my stick”
Practice Drill: “7 pass 2 on 1”
Video Game: Call of Duty 4
TV Show: Prison Break
Actor/Actress: Mark Wahlberg and Jessica Alba
Artist: Tim McGraw
Book: Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Food to cook: Ravioli
Sport (other than hockey): Fishing
Activity away from the rink: Visiting family
Toy growing up: Mini-sticks
Place to shop: 12 Oaks Mall
Place to visit: Vancouver, Dallas and Nashville