ST. PAUL -- The National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild today unveiled its 2022 NHL Winter Classic jersey at the Minnesota State Fair. The Wild will host the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022, outdoors at Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins. Timing and ticket information for the 2022 NHL Winter Classic will be released at a future date.
The Minnesota Wild 2022 NHL Winter Classic jersey is designed to celebrate the state's rich hockey pedigree, the rivalry of the Twin Cities and its legacy as the State of Hockey:
- Elements from famed Minneapolis and St. Paul hockey squads were combined into one uniform. The base jersey design unites the St. Paul Saints look from the 1930s with the traditional Minnesota Wild color palette. The lettering, numbers, and other design elements on the jersey all come from those early hockey clubs that helped make Minnesota the 'State of Hockey.'
- The two stars in the crest are a reference to Gemini, the twins constellation. They represent the two cities - St. Paul and Minneapolis. The state shape between them symbolizes how the cities come together to represent the capital of Minnesota. Both city's names are arched around these symbolic marks further emphasizing how they unite to rally around the sport of hockey and their team.
- Hockey's origins on ponds are reflected in the vintage white in the jersey, the canvas breezers inspiration in the pants and in the leather gloves. Canvas brown colored elbow patches represent long hours of wear and tear on beloved hockey gear.
- Heritage embellishments like felt are used on the cresting, name and numbers. A special narrowed and shaped yoke was developed to nail a 1930s and 1940s hockey aesthetic.
- The Wild's NHL Winter Classic jersey was designed by adidas in partnership with the Wild and the NHL.
"With the game taking place at the home of the Minnesota Twins, we certainly channeled the spirit of Minnie and Paul for our Winter Classic sweater," said John Maher, Senior Brand Advisor. "The striping, fonts, and fabrics used in the final adidas design all took inspiration from St. Paul and Minneapolis hockey teams of the 1920s, '30s and '40s."
Fans can purchase Minnesota's 2022 NHL Winter Classic sweater now at hockeylodge.com and at the Minnesota Wild Hockey Lodge store located at Xcel Energy Center starting at 12 p.m. today. Customized jerseys will also be available for ordering at the Hockey Lodge.
Video: Wild Winter Classic Jersey Reveal
For more information about the 2022 NHL Winter Classic, to receive alerts when ticket information becomes available and to enter for a chance to win tickets to the 2022 NHL Winter Classic, please visit wild.com/winterclassic.
Full and partial season tickets for the Minnesota Wild's 2021-22 season are currently available for purchase. Please visit tickets.wild.com or contact a Wild Ticket Sales Representative by calling or texting 651-222-WILD (9453) for more information.
Visit wild.com/pressbox for the latest news and information from the team including press releases, game notes, multimedia content and daily statistics.