SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.
-- The National Hockey League’s (NHL) Minnesota Wild has announced several new digital and interactive features, including the “My Wild Mobile” portal on wild.com. In addition, the launch of a new “Wild TV” player on Wild.com has led to 26 percent more viewers in the first three months of the regular season than a year ago, which translates into nearly 18,000 hours of viewing.
“We know our fans are using interactive media more and more, and that is why we are constantly looking for new ways to digitally connect with the Team of 18,000,” said John Maher, Vice President of Brand Marketing. “These features are a fun and unique way to provide content to our loyal fans.”
Among the new items the Wild offers:
· “My Wild Mobile” portal, which includes a mobile-friendly Wild web page at wild.com/mobile (http://wild.com/mobile) for scores, news, standings and more
· Launch of improved interface for “Wild TV”
· Text message options for receiving ticket alerts, game broadcast information and Hockey Lodge offers
· Launch of social networking pages, including official Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Paul-MN/Official-Minnesota-Wild-Page/95810390222) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/mnwild) pages, plus a YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/MNWildHockeyTVSpots)
· New Wild.com tickets portal with a cleaner design, updated features and the ability to let fans know when such features as Gametime RUSH tickets (http://wild.nhl.com/fanzone/gametime_rush_0809.htm) are available.
· Enhanced season ticket holder e-mail newsletter includes a redesigned look that allows fans to access information such as “Wild TV,” upcoming schedule information, account log-in, as well as recent Wild news and other exclusive information
· PURL: Personal URL pages for each customer sales and service representative. These pages help bring upcoming event information to fans as well as provide contact information of staff members and FAQ
· Best Buy FanChatter (http://wild.nhl.com/fanzone/fanchatter.htm) is an in-game interactive feature that allows fans to submit mobile pictures that are viewed on the scoreboard during games as well as loaded on Wild.com, where the pictures can then be forwarded to friends and family
· Fan Forum: A live conference call in which Season Ticket Holders ask questions of Wild players
· First In Line: exclusive for members of Ticket alert e-mail list. Allows users to be “first in line” for last-minute tickets.