ST. PAUL -- The NHL's Minnesota Wild on Wednesday announced the six recipients of the Securian Financial Stick Tap Salute Program, a new community initiative that launched in October as part of a multi-year partnership between the Wild and Securian Financial.
The recipients of the Securian Financial Stick Tap Salute Program are:
· Colleen Klos from the Minnesota Magicians (October)
· Brad Ertel from the Hudson Youth Hockey Association (November)
· Hal Tearse from Providence Academy (December)
· Fred Graves from the Bemidji Youth Hockey Association (January)
· Brian Stark from the Brainerd Warriors Adapted Floor Hockey team (February)
· Lonny Evans from the Minnesota Wild Blind Hockey Program (March)
[RELATED: Watch each Stick Tap Salute recipient's story on Wild TV]
All recipients will receive four tickets to the Minnesota Wild game against the Boston Bruins on Thursday, April 4 at 7 p.m. on FOX Sports North and KFAN 100.3. The recipients will also be highlighted in a video demonstrating the impact they make in their local hockey community and receive a commemorative Stick Tap Salute hockey stick during the second intermission of the game.
From a dedicated rink manager, to a parent who coaches three teams, the Securian Financial Stick Tap Salute Program was created to recognize individuals for their efforts to support and grow their local hockey community. The public could nominate an unsung hero in your hockey community for the Securian Financial Stick Tap Salute Program at www.wild.com/StickTapSalute.