To honor these coaches and leaders, the Minnesota Wild has partnered with 3M for the fourth consecutive season to award the 3M Excellence in Coaching Award. Click here
for a Nomination Form.
Candidates for the award must embody the following qualities:
- Display good sportsmanship towards team, parents and officials
- Display positive youth sports experience and teaching methods through the game of hockey
- Display respect for players, parents and officials in all situations
- Teach positive life skills allowing kids to benefit from team experience
- Dedicate time both on and off the ice to support community initiatives
Coaches may nominate themselves or fellow coaches who they feel meet the criteria. To be eligible, a nominee must be actively coaching a boy's or girl's high school hockey team in the State of Minnesota, and be a part of the Minnesota Boys or Girls High School Coaches Association. Nominees will be judged and selected based on how closely they model the qualities outlined above. One boy's coach and one girl's coach from each section in both classes (A and AA) will be selected during the Minnesota Wild 2006-2007 regular season.
All submissions for the award must be received no later than November 16, 2007. Winners will be notified by telephone or email, and will be invited to attend a Minnesota Wild game where they will be recognized during a pre-game ceremony and receive a gift of acknowledgement for their efforts. Dates that each section winner will be recognized as outlined in the flier (subject to change).
In addition, all section winners will be considered for the Charlie Stryker Coach of the Year Award. This award will be presented to one boy's coach and one girl's coach at the Minnesota Wild game on March 30, 2008. If you have any questions, please contact Wild Community Giving at 651-602-6038.