SAINT PAUL -- Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton on Thursday announced the NHL club will participate in the 2018 NHL Prospect Tournament in Traverse City, Mich., Sept. 7-11. Wild prospects will compete in the tournament's Ted Lindsay Division with the Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers. The Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets and St. Louis Blues will play in the Gordie Howe Division.
Minnesota's roster features 12 Wild draft picks: defenseman Louie Belpedio (2014, 3rd round), forward Shawn Boudrias (2018, 6th round), defenseman Gustav Bouramman (2015, 7th round), forward Connor Dewar (2018, 3rd round), forward Damien Giroux (2018, 5th round), defenseman Jacob Golden (2017, 5th round), forward Jordan Greenway (2015, 2nd round), goalie Kaapo Kahkonen (2014, 4th round), forward Alexander Khovanov (2018, 3rd round), right wing Ivan Lodnia (2017, 3rd round), center Mason Shaw (2017, 4th round) and right wing Dmitry Sokolov (2016, 7th round), along with 2017 free-agent signees G Dereck Baribeau and D Brennan Menell. Iowa Wild head coach Tim Army, associate coach David Cunniff and assistant coach Brett McLean will lead the Wild prospects.
[Related: Click to view the full tournament roster].
All Minnesota Wild games at the 2018 NHL Prospect Tournament will stream live on Wild.com, the Wild NHL App and FOX Sports GO within FOX Sports North's broadcast region only. Fans can download the FOX Sports GO mobile app for free from the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store and Windows Store. All Wild games will feature the play-by-play commentary of Iowa Wild broadcaster Joe O'Donnell, with analysis from digital content coordinator Dan Myers.
Fans can also visit wild.com for daily tournament updates from Traverse City from Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Brent Flahr, Assistant General Manager Tom Kurvers and Director of Player Development Brad Bombardir.
2018 Traverse City Prospects Tournament Schedule*
Friday, Sept. 7
- 2:30 p.m., St. Louis vs. Carolina
- 3:00 p.m., Chicago vs. Columbus
- 6:00 p.m., Dallas vs. New York Rangers
- 6:30 p.m., Detroit vs. Minnesota
Saturday, Sept. 8
- 2:00 p.m., Carolina vs. Chicago
- 2:30 p.m., St. Louis vs. Columbus
- 5:30 p.m., New York Rangers vs. Minnesota
- 6:00 p.m., Dallas vs. Detroit
Monday, Sept. 10
- 2:30 p.m., Minnesota vs. Dallas
- 3:00 p.m., New York Rangers vs. Detroit
- 6:00 p.m., Columbus vs. Carolina
- 6:30 p.m., Chicago vs. St. Louis
Tuesday, Sept. 11
- 2:00 p.m., Seventh Place Game (4th Lindsay vs. 4th Howe)
- 2:30 p.m., Fifth Place Game (3rd Howe vs. 3rd Lindsay)
- 5:30 p.m., Third Place Game (2nd Lindsay vs. 2nd Howe)
- 6:00 p.m., Championship Game (1st Howe vs. 1st Lindsay)
*All times listed are Central