SAINT PAUL -- The NHL's Minnesota Wild on Thursday announced HocktoberFest on West 7th, a street party on West 7th Street in downtown St. Paul between Kellogg Blvd. and Walnut Street, will be held Saturday, Oct. 6 from 2 to 11 p.m. in conjunction with the Wild's home opener against the Vegas Golden Knights. Fans will be able to watch the Wild home opener on two Jumbotrons located at each end of the street party. The event is free and open to the public.
HocktoberFest will feature live music, food, drinks and activities for hockey fans of all ages:
- Fans can watch the Wild game on two Jumbotrons located at each end of the street party
- Interactive Hockey Zone presented by Sniper's Edge with the hockey skills obstacle course, sauce toss, target shooting and hockey themed vendors -- includes face painting and photos with Nordy, the opportunity to enter to win two hours of ice time at TRIA Rink courtesy of Friends of Saint Paul Hockey and hockey swag from the State of Hockey
- Giant Checkers, Giant Jenga, Giant Connect Four and Bag Toss and other interactive games
- Watch the high-flying stunts of Ride MN and their #MegaJump at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Minnesota Wild merchandise will be available for purchase at the Hockey Lodge Merchandise Trailer including an exclusive HocktoberFest Beer Stein
- "Split the Pot" Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the party from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Enter for a chance to win a Wild Prize Pack including two tickets to the home opener vs. Vegas
- Enjoy German Beer Hall games, music and traditions
- Test your skills on a Wild mechanical bull
- Get to and from the event safely and easily at the official Lyft Zone on Walnut Street
[Related: Avoid delays by using alternate routes this weekend]
Minnesota hosts the Vegas Golden Knights in its home opener on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7 p.m. on FOX Sports North and KFAN 100.3 FM. In addition, the Minnesota Whitecaps will play their first-ever NWHL regular season game on Oct. 6 against the Metropolitan Riveters at TRIA Rink at Treasure Island Center at 4 p.m.
For more information on HocktoberFest, please visit www.visitsaintpaul.com/hocktoberfest.
Minnesota Wild single-game tickets are on sale now at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office and Ticketmaster (800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com). For information about Minnesota Wild Season Tickets or to join the Wild Warming House, the only way to secure priority access to future season tickets, visit tickets.wild.com or contact a Wild Ticket Sales Representative at 651-222-WILD.