SAINT PAUL -- The Minnesota Wild will host U.S. Bank Kids Day on Saturday, Sept. 23 when the team hosts the Colorado Avalanche at 5 p.m. in a preseason contest at Xcel Energy Center. Thousands of youth from across the State of Hockey will have the opportunity to experience an NHL game thanks to tickets donated by the Wild and season ticket holders.
Wild season ticket holders and the team combined efforts to donate over 4,000 tickets for the game. The Wild then distributed the tickets to over 20 community and non-profit organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, Ronald McDonald House, learn-to-play programs, area children's hospitals, military families and youth hockey programs.
Kids will take center stage in each of the regular Wild in-game elements including making the "Let's Play Hockey!" call and Zamboni rides. Intermission activities will feature U.S. Bank Mighty Mites during the first intermission and U.S. Bank Kids vs. Mascots Relay in the second intermission.
Before the game, kids will have various opportunities to experience free, kid-friendly activities including:
- Face Painters, Balloon Sculptor and Crazy Hair Stylist at Section 113
- Coloring Station at Gate 3 Cutout
- Face Painters, Balloon Sculptor, Crazy Hair Stylist and Coloring Station at Club 22 Overlook
- Face Painters, Balloon Sculptor, Crazy Hair Stylist and Coloring Station at Sections 210 - 213
- Kids (12 and under) can also receive an autograph from a Wild player (to be announced) from 4 to 4:45 p.m., one autograph per person at Section 121
The contest will also feature special concession offers including a Kids Hot Dog Combo (hot dog, chips and bottle of water for $7) available at Sections 103, 123, C08, C23 and 226 and a Kids Popcorn Combo (popcorn box and bottle of water for $5) available at Sections 104, 121 and 227.